Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Offense : Trend or Mirage Last 7 games.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Offense : Trend or Mirage Last 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I dont think that Roehl is NECCESARILY the problem.

I think we're just seeing the fruits of not having our QB being a top 3 athlete on the field at all times. Athleticism covers for a multitude of sins, and Zeb didnt have it. when the defense MUST game plan for the Qbs legs, everythiiiing else opens up.

SIU 2019, Nichols and JMU I think were completely excusable combinations of the following factors: Trey was a freshman (a damn good one, but never has a freshman completely dominated the competition everysingle game of the year), good defenses (JMU), good competition (JMU and SIU. We basically had no answer for their offense and Jeremy Chinn), and having casual off-days/moments.

Wasnt worried in 19... I AM worried now
    I disagree. With Lances athleticism we should have absolutely lit up the scoreboard last year. But he was forced to take over a lot of games with his legs BECAUSE of the lack of creativity. He didn't have a field day running the ball because teams didn't know where to defend. Can you imagine a Messingham offense QBd by Lance? Defenses wouldn't know what hit them.

The last game, even though it was a win just showed to me how stubborn the offense is. Shit on Chapo all you want, but his take that it's a completely different game if they punch that one in from the goalline to make it 21-0 isn't wrong. They could have had a 21-0 lead at the end of 1 quarter. But we were stubborn and tried to run it right at the strength of the Redbird defense.
    Last edited by oldmantutters; 03-18-2021 at 03:33 PM.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    He really isn’t much better in the pocket. Not that the OL has done him any favors on occasion but even when they do Uncle Rico shows up.
    He can throw it over every mountain in Iowa!

Lardsin must go!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Do you think the emphasis on a mobile qb and running back by committee hamper ndsu's ability to recruit a feature running back?

Don't give me but Seth Wilson is hurt and guys transferred. Seth seems to small like everyone else and is injury prone.
    I think it’s the RB by committee that does it. A rotation of 2 backs ie: Ojuri, McNorton hasn’t happened in a long time. Crockett was more of a feature back.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    He can throw it over every mountain in Iowa!
    Over every mountain lies the other teams CB. So I’m told.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I disagree. With Lances athleticism we should have absolutely lit up the scoreboard last year. But he was forced to take over a lot of games with his legs BECAUSE of the lack of creativity. He didn't have a field day running the ball because teams didn't know where to defend. Can you imagine a Messingham offense QBd by Lance? Defenses wouldn't know what hit them.

The last game, even though it was a win just showed to me how stubborn the offense is. Shit on Chapo all you want, but his take that it's a completely different game if they punch that one in from the goalline to make it 21-0 isn't wrong. They could have had a 21-0 lead at the end of 11 quarter. But we were stubborn and tried to run it right at the strength of the Redbird defense.
    thanks. agree completely.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Wtf happened to the guy who called the fourth down play against sdsu last fall? He must not be coaching at ndsu anymore. Sophomore offensive coordinator slumps suck!!!

Lardsin must go!

Love the TE roll-out passes, sometimes includes misdirection.

And they aren’t gone, just underutilized.
    I can think of two 1st half TE plays against Missouri State, including the TD pass. At least one comes to mind from the Illinois State game. It’s also important to use such plays early on, as opposed to running up the middle on 1st and 2nd down, so defensive units can’t over pursue/over run blitz.

Same with RB pass receptions. They have used Gonnella drifting out on the flat the last 2 games. Again, please use early, establish mis-direction can happen that way.

Definitely a TREND...... its been brutal last 11 games now?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea. Time for an overhaul and quick-like.

Tyler Roehl needs to put his tape of 2007 NDSU win at Minnesota!

Zeb rolling out in the flat like Walker and hitting a TE or RB in the Flat.
    Getting the FB in front of Gonnella and pounding the freakin rock to the EDGES with a kickout.
    Watson can be the Travis White with Slants and crossing patterns.
    I think this is the problem... That's all he knows...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Absolutely right about Roehl reviewing his tape from UM game. As I said in another thread, he was the running highlight reel on ESPN for an entire College Football Saturday and he didn't run up the center's ass one time in that game and gained 263 yards. Whatever play it is in the playbook that calls for running up the center's ass, whether it's "trips left, curl flat and out, center a-hole on two" or "Omaha, blue 82, cut, cut Sundell a-hole on tits", I don't really care, but take it out of the fucking playbook for the remainder of this shit season and add in some plays from the good ole days when tight-ends and fullbacks were running all over the field making plays. We definitely have the horses to execute those plays. You want to win another championship and give Gindorf, Babicz, and Luepke a shot at the Pros, give them the damn football with a head of steam. It ain't that fucking tough.