Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offense : Trend or Mirage Last 7 games.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Offense : Trend or Mirage Last 7 games.

This thread makes me wonder if I watched the same game. The offense was pretty bad but so was the defense. I haven't seen a Bison defense look that bad in a very long time.
    Insert something clever here...

so did we include last week?
    will we ever break out?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    so did we include last week?
    will we ever break out?
    NDSU has been breaking out for like the last 9 years. So it ain't like that this year big deal.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    Does this all fall on Tyler Roehl as the offensive coordinator? The offense under Courtney Messingham was really good but I fear we are in a Tim Polasek offense again.

Zeb seemed good in the rollout game against YSU.

Dewey
    Courtney was a fabulous coach. Best OC we’ve had by a mile. Tim and Tyler remind me of each other. Basic play book and don’t adjust. Where are the WR or RB screens. Play action to the TE down the seam(we actually ran this last game. First time in forever). TE screens would be great with our personal.

Tyler likes to establish the run but problem is our backs aren’t big enough to get 3-4 yards on first down. So adjust. Short passing game. Mis direction. More motion. We are an easy team to defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good post, i hear ya. even the simple roll out dump to TE is COMPLETELY GONE wtf!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Courtney was a fabulous coach. Best OC we’ve had by a mile. Tim and Tyler remind me of each other. Basic play book and don’t adjust. Where are the WR or RB screens. Play action to the TE down the seam(we actually ran this last game. First time in forever). TE screens would be great with our personal.

Tyler likes to establish the run but problem is our backs aren’t big enough to get 3-4 yards on first down. So adjust. Short passing game. Mis direction. More motion. We are an easy team to defend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is it exactly! It shouldn't be that difficult to see. Just make these adjustments and start Miller! He can actually pass and run.....has mobility and pocket awareness.....and showed some energy and leadership!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    good post, i hear ya. even the simple roll out dump to TE is COMPLETELY GONE wtf!
    I think those rollouts tax zebs athleticism. We've had guys that can outrun a DE or throw over them. He cannot.

I dont think that Roehl is NECCESARILY the problem.

I think we're just seeing the fruits of not having our QB being a top 3 athlete on the field at all times. Athleticism covers for a multitude of sins, and Zeb didnt have it. when the defense MUST game plan for the Qbs legs, everythiiiing else opens up.

SIU 2019, Nichols and JMU I think were completely excusable combinations of the following factors: Trey was a freshman (a damn good one, but never has a freshman completely dominated the competition everysingle game of the year), good defenses (JMU), good competition (JMU and SIU. We basically had no answer for their offense and Jeremy Chinn), and having casual off-days/moments.

Wasnt worried in 19... I AM worried now
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Do you think the emphasis on a mobile qb and running back by committee hamper ndsu's ability to recruit a feature running back?

Don't give me but Seth Wilson is hurt and guys transferred. Seth seems to small like everyone else and is injury prone.

Lardsin must go!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I think those rollouts tax zebs athleticism. We've had guys that can outrun a DE or throw over them. He cannot.
    He really isn’t much better in the pocket. Not that the OL has done him any favors on occasion but even when they do Uncle Rico shows up.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS