Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Offense : Trend or Mirage Last 7 games.

Default Re: Offense : Trend or Mirage Last 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Welcome back and I agree whole heartedly give them 10 plays they can excel at
    and not Power A Gap into a 4 man front with 2 LB's crashing middle FFS!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

anyone have a link to the NDSU iSU-R 2013 game? There is a masterful sequence there I would like to show the offensive coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

When SDSU was running the ball against us. How could we have stopped it? I never see us crash our LBs to stop them in the hole. Once we saw our D line getting double teamed, holes opening and their O lineman also comboing onto the LB we should have adjusted somehow. Grant Olson made so many plays at the LOS or in the hole he knows how to do it. I feel or LB read too much. Go make the play right away.

Anxious to see if Kaczor plays or not. If not then who against a pass heavy team. Lots of nickel or even dime and drop Tutsie to LB and play Jones and Weber as safeties to get as much speed on the field? I know the one time we played EWU and had 3 down lineman did not work at all.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    When SDSU was running the ball against us. How could we have stopped it? I never see us crash our LBs to stop them in the hole. Once we saw our D line getting double teamed, holes opening and their O lineman also comboing onto the LB we should have adjusted somehow. Grant Olson made so many plays at the LOS or in the hole he knows how to do it. I feel or LB read too much. Go make the play right away.

Anxious to see if Kaczor plays or not. If not then who against a pass heavy team. Lots of nickel or even dime and drop Tutsie to LB and play Jones and Weber as safeties to get as much speed on the field? I know the one time we played EWU and had 3 down lineman did not work at all.
    SDSU’s run scheme and ours is much different. They do a ton of stuff out of twins and spread packages. They still wanna run the ball, it’s just not out of run heavy packages. Snd they do a nice job of using their personnel. They can flex their TEs or have them play in the box, and defensively you have to decide what personnel you want on the field. So when they were getting to our second level it was because many times we only had 6 in the box. I also think our outside LBs are small / less physical than we’re used to seeing.

Don’t discredit SDSU’s oline either. Those are some dudes and they played well on Saturday.

And Kaczor is a great player and leading tackler but on Saturday he was a liability. He missed several tackles in space that a guy of his caliber just shouldn’t do.

Entz was the d-Coordinator with the 3 down debacle. So I hope he shuts that shit down if Braun is even close to sniffing that concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Kaczor didn't have his best game last week, but he does far more good than bad. He is smaller but plays big. Cox on the other hand is a small safety playing OLB. He gets blown up a lot and doesn't appear to cover particularly well. We have some decent sized young LBs that I would have given some game time reps to to see what they can do with their size and speed. None of the other non-starting LBs could have done worse than Mason Hoffsedt did when he went in for Kazcor, so having someone rotate in with Cox (and Hoffstedt if he starts on Saturday) wouldn't be the worst thing to happen in the stupid COVID season.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Kaczor didn't have his best game last week, but he does far more good than bad. He is smaller but plays big. Cox on the other hand is a small safety playing OLB. He gets blown up a lot and doesn't appear to cover particularly well. We have some decent sized young LBs that I would have given some game time reps to to see what they can do with their size and speed. None of the other non-starting LBs could have done worse than Mason Hoffsedt did when he went in for Kazcor, so having someone rotate in with Cox (and Hoffstedt if he starts on Saturday) wouldn't be the worst thing to happen in the stupid COVID season.
    I like the young kids a lot. Wlodarczyk (I know a safety but he big) , wisniewski, kubitz, hendricks, benson and weerts all look good. Also it took me a long time to spell all their names and I probably still messed them up.....