Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: USD (2/27 and 2/28)

Default Re: USD (2/27 and 2/28)

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Was in attendance at the game today with SDBISON in tow; Umude is POY in the SL. Wow, the guy is damn near unstoppable when he's on........and he's a nice person; not a hotdog like other players the Bison have played against. Spent the game sitting beside Rocky's parents.... nice people. Rocky's dad is very calm and collected.....Mom, not so much. Also met MHH's dad.......lives in Ames, Iowa, and doesn't think he'll make it to the SL tourney. They're only letting Moms and Dads in the Pentagon according to Mr. Hayes. This is bull crap, especially when there were 6000 plus in attendance at the Premier Center the night before for the Stampede hockey game and the weiner dog races. WTH !!!! Bison definitely have a shot at dancing again. The Yotes definitely will miss AJ Plewwiltiez who had surgery today in Sious Falls to repair the ligament damage. Too bad for the Yotes; he's a very good player. Greisel stepped up today; hit a big 3 ball at the buzzer at the half to give the Bison the lead. Hope the Bison keep practicing their press breaker. They'll see that alot in the tourney.
    Abmas is probably player of the year. Umude is an absolute stud though.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: USD (2/27 and 2/28)

2nd half of yesterdays game, 1st half of game 2 versus SDSU and 1st half of game 2 versus Denver have shown that we can absolutely be the best team in this league when we play well. The problem is consistency, we need 3 days in a row of consistency and we can go dancing. I don't like the UMKC game right out of the gate, even if we win, playing them can really take a toll on you. Only positive is we would avoid SDSU/ORU until Tuesday so that part is a plus. I was encouraged that we played better against the zone, were more aggressive and also were able to handle the press. It's sad that it takes a team kicking are ass with a strategy before we can adjust to it versus being prepared up front but I think at this point now we've seen about everything anybody can throw at us so my fingers are crossed that with a little momentum from yesterday and being battle tested we can get it done next weekend.