Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zeb era is over

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Zeb era is over

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Zeb's shortcomings had nothing to do with lack of effort. Like I said in the other thread I think he's a good enough player but he was just the wrong guy at the wrong time for this team. I hope he keeps his head held high and, based on the testimonials from his teammates and the coaching staff, I think he will. I'm guessing he'll be first in line to support Cam going forward and we all should salute him for that because that's a damn hard thing for any competitor to do.
    Agreed!! This is definitely not a guy to trash here. Stronger o line and rb's. Might have been very different. Seems a really good guy who gave it his best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Agreed!! This is definitely not a guy to trash here. Stronger o line and rb's. Might have been very different. Seems a really good guy who gave it his best shot.

I stick by my original statement that I am a fan of Zeb.

I just don’t want him to be the starting QB for this team

Again.....covid ain't over yet because of the evil overlords still withholding the therapeutics until they squeeze the whole world dry with their vaccines that all the guys in the deep state and the CDC and FDA and National institute of health are hugely invested in. Twenty years ago it was as illegal as hell for people like this to invest in pharmaceuticals of any kind, but....well, some of you get it.

Sorry about the rant, anyway, our guys aren't on anything close to a regular practice schedule. It's a half new offense and a mostly new OL and a new QB and our guys clearly are running around without knowing where the other guy is going. Don't you see Zeb completely astonished several times a game by where his receivers end up running their routes.

The restrictions are killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Again.....covid ain't over yet because of the evil overlords still withholding the therapeutics until they squeeze the whole world dry with their vaccines that all the guys in the deep state and the CDC and FDA and National institute of health are hugely invested in. Twenty years ago it was as illegal as hell for people like this to invest in pharmaceuticals of any kind, but....well, some of you get it.

Sorry about the rant, anyway, our guys aren't on anything close to a regular practice schedule. It's a half new offense and a mostly new OL and a new QB and our guys clearly are running around without knowing where the other guy is going. Don't you see Zeb completely astonished several times a game by where his receivers end up running their routes.

The restrictions are killing us.
    Blaming it on inadequate practice and restrictions is dumb. Every other team deals with the same or worse restrictions.

Ndsu looks less impressive than in years past, the covid shit doesn't help, but its not the reason the team has not been good so far this spring.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    once again F IOWA STATE

but if NDSU punches it in at 1. for 21-0. Zeb is the MAN. funny game
    Why are we blaming Iowa St? Because Brock Purdy is a very good football player who chose Iowa State over some more prominent programs?
    College of Business Alumnus

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

once again F IOWA STATE

He would also be the MAN if he were better at throwing footballs to guys in green, and less good at throwing them to the guys in white.

once again F IOWA STATE

He is 38 of 70 with 4 interceptions vs 3 TD"s

He scared me EVERY time he dropped back to pass as he seemed to lack confidence and/or didn't understand the playbook. His ability to run for positive yardage was virtually zero it seemed. That's ok. It works for some teams, but the worst running QB we had during this run was.... Carson maybe?

Cam was far from perfect, but he seemed to have better control of his offense and looked better running and passing than Zeb.

I think there's still a spot on this team for Zeb where he can contribute, unfortunately it's more as a mentor than a starter. He'll probably make for an excellent coach somewhere, someday.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zeb actually threw several very, very nice balls yesterday. It actually had me believing for a bit that he might have turned a corner.
    Insert something clever here...

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Zeb actually threw several very, very nice balls yesterday. It actually had me believing for a bit that he might have turned a corner.
    I think you meant "Thrown to" a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Me too, just not as much as Miller though. Maybe Zeb has a bigger arm or shows some other superior traits in practice, but it didn't show on the field enough last Sat to make him appear to be the better option.