Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zeb era is over

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Zeb era is over

Just for fun, I went back to look at Zeb's Hudl highlights. Now I'm wondering, where did THAT kid go?!? He drops dime after dime, climbs the pocket, scrambles a bit when needed, and rolls out very nicely. I seriously think what he has going on now is all between the ears. The talent is clearly there but somewhere along the way, he lost his mojo. Has he ever been hurt badly? Was there bad QB coaching somewhere along the way? Man, looking at that film, there's a lot for a coach to work with.

Perhaps the coaches see this too and are just trying to build his confidence. I hope it works.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Just for fun, I went back to look at Zeb's Hudl highlights. Now I'm wondering, where did THAT kid go?!? He drops dime after dime, climbs the pocket, scrambles a bit when needed, and rolls out very nicely. I seriously think what he has going on now is all between the ears. The talent is clearly there but somewhere along the way, he lost his mojo. Has he ever been hurt badly? Was there bad QB coaching somewhere along the way? Man, looking at that film, there's a lot for a coach to work with.

Perhaps the coaches see this too and are just trying to build his confidence. I hope it works.
    Happens to a ton of guys. I dont understand it, but its a regular occurrence.
    College of Business Alumnus

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

Maybe coming from a P5 and ending up as the backup to a freshman got in his head.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

honestly I think he's had success in the 2 minute drill because that's literally what he is good at, hurry up quick reads.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    honestly I think he's had success in the 2 minute drill because that's literally what he is good at, hurry up quick reads.
    That's not sustainable for 60 minutes. We don't have the horses for it.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I hope we pull a natty out of our ass somehow this year just so I can watch this thread completely melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    I hope we pull a natty out of our ass somehow this year just so I can watch this thread completely melt down.
    When the defense carries this team to the trophy this thread will age well

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    NDSU absolutely has the horses for it, maybe not the coaches or playbook
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

If anything got into his head it's most likely the pressure to follow in the foot-steps of TWO record holders for most wins in the FCS, a #2 overall NFL draft choice, an expected early to mid first-round NFL draft choice and all 4 guys winning EIGHT national championships, they went 127–8 in the last 10 years and had a 39 game winning streak going. There is no writer in the world that would create such a scenario in a fictitious world. I'm not saying they're aren't others that could handle that pressure and play better but if anything is getting to him mentally my bet would be on the totally unprecedented pressure to just win baby.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If anything got into his head it's most likely the pressure to follow in the foot-steps of TWO record holders for most wins in the FCS, a #2 overall NFL draft choice, an expected early to mid first-round NFL draft choice and all 4 guys winning EIGHT national championships, they went 127–8 in the last 10 years and had a 39 game winning streak going. There is no writer in the world that would create such a scenario in a fictitious world. I'm not saying they're aren't others that could handle that pressure and play better but if anything is getting to him mentally my bet would be on the totally unprecedented pressure to just win baby.
    We need someone hungry. Not someone desperate.