Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zeb era is over

Default Re: The Zeb era is over

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    When the defense carries this team to the trophy this thread will age well
    Shutting out Misery St isn’t all that is needed to convince me that our Defense is enough to win a championship.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Shutting out Misery St isn’t all that is needed to convince me that our Defense is enough to win a championship.
    Agree, however the defense is a lot closer to winning us difficult games than the offense is and it isn't even close. On defense, we have the talent but lack experience. That'll improve over time. On offense, we have a structural failure going on.
    Insert something clever here...

Question regarding our QB and the current offense. Does Zeb lack the ability to audible and get us in the correct play? Just don't see it right now. There is no motion to check coverage, etc. Apparently he is not capable and we are stuck with the play called from the sideline. Does anybody remember all the pre-snap movement and motion we used to have? Why did this go away? We used to be capable of the same play out of multiple formations setup from pre-snap movement. All of that is gone now! Is Roehl dumbing the offense down for current players? Is Zeb just not able to process what he sees on the field and make decisons? This goes beyond his demonstrated inability to run and poor accuracy on throws. What is going on with this offense? The scary part is after 3 games the offense has not evolved much or improved.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Agree, however the defense is a lot closer to winning us difficult games than the offense is and it isn't even close. On defense, we have the talent but lack experience. That'll improve over time. On offense, we have a structural failure going on.
    I don’t disagree with this either. I think we’re saying the same thing, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Question regarding our QB and the current offense. Does Zeb lack the ability to audible and get us in the correct play? Just don't see it right now. There is no motion to check coverage, etc. Apparently he is not capable and we are stuck with the play called from the sideline. Does anybody remember all the pre-snap movement and motion we used to have? Why did this go away? We used to be capable of the same play out of multiple formations setup from pre-snap movement. All of that is gone now! Is Roehl dumbing the offense down for current players? Is Zeb just not able to process what he sees on the field and make decisons? This goes beyond his demonstrated inability to run and poor accuracy on throws. What is going on with this offense? The scary part is after 3 games the offense has not evolved much or improved.
    I noticed this as well and commented somewhere. No motion, no audibles... I don’t know why but I don’t think we have any reason to be optimistic that it’s just everyone “getting the feel” of our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I noticed this as well and commented somewhere. No motion, no audibles... I don’t know why but I don’t think we have any reason to be optimistic that it’s just everyone “getting the feel” of our offense.
    I don't think it's just everyone getting a feel for the offense either. The only way we get better this year is through a better run game. I just don't think Zeb is going to progress. Not in a meaningful way anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Time to close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No this thread lives forever I hope. It’s the Zeb era begins thread that is done

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    No this thread lives forever I hope. It’s the Zeb era begins thread that is done
    once again F IOWA STATE

but if NDSU punches it in at 1. for 21-0. Zeb is the MAN. funny game
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Agreed, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Zeb's shortcomings had nothing to do with lack of effort. Like I said in the other thread I think he's a good enough player but he was just the wrong guy at the wrong time for this team. I hope he keeps his head held high and, based on the testimonials from his teammates and the coaching staff, I think he will. I'm guessing he'll be first in line to support Cam going forward and we all should salute him for that because that's a damn hard thing for any competitor to do.