Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zeb era is over

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Zeb era is over

Zeb needs to improve his foot work as it appears too slow and out of time when he is setting up to throw it. He sailed some passes today for sure. I think the O line was out matched by the big Salukas as we were alway at 3rd and 8 or 10 to go! No screens, no sweeps, no balls to our TEs. Kolpack said this was the game we would lose and he was right. So. Ill. is a good team, now UND looks good too all of the sudden with their win over the bunnies today. Our team must have had a long and quiet flight home today after this mess in your pants game. Who do we play next week, the Mules so can we lay an egg there too? Lets hope not. Good luck to the coaches and players this week on righting the ship! I would try a platoon of qb's for next game. Give each one a quarter to see what happens. Also need to convert one of the TEs into a FB so we can get some size and athleticism in the backfield.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonAccountant44 View Post
    So was Tony Staus. Not that he was a bad QB, but the fact that Zeb threw for a bunch of yards 1 time against a bad Big12 D was never a meaningful selling point to me.

Quincy is the same, but opposite trait. The hype with him is he's a great runner, but terrible passer. I'm not that excited to see him either when that and a former FBS tag are all we have on him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    This isn't a shot at the player. This a shot at El Chapo's love for FBS recruits.

Coaches will be working long hours this week to right the ship but I think new players at key positions has to be looked at. We dont want this program to revert to a .500 team and then brag about winning a rival or trophy game once a year after this long run of nearly dream team football. Where are our class A recruits that we have been getting as a result of the championship success of this program? They must be here but are they not playing as in 2021 this team is going to play 20 regular season games or are they too young to toss in a fire of hungry wolves that the rest of the conference really is right now?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Coaches will be working long hours this week to right the ship but I think new players at key positions has to be looked at. We dont want this program to revert to a .500 team and then brag about winning a rival or trophy game once a year after this long run of nearly dream team football. Where are our class A recruits that we have been getting as a result of the championship success of this program? They must be here but are they not playing as in 2021 this team is going to play 20 regular season games or are they too young to toss in a fire of hungry wolves that the rest of the conference really is right now?
    I'm not saying this spring is a throw away, but this is not the 2020 team by a long shot. A regular 2020 fall has a returning starting qb and a more experienced o-line. With a regular schedule going into this fall, a full camp has a full compliment of players competing at many positions.

This isn't a reload, it is a bandage. Also, the coaches can't burn guys out with another season starting a couple months after the completion of this one. This out of whack schedule with a free season basically favors those fringe programs like SIU and UN_. Go all out and don't worry about getting back into your regular schedule.

If I'm NDSU, it would be tough this spring. How do you get completely off your off-season weight program? You work 4 to 5 year plans with these guys and this year throws it all off? I would not be giving up the next 3 or 4 championships to go completely off schedule this spring.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zeb peaked at the Oklahoma game apparently. Did our coaches even LOOK at that film ?

they are trying to do round peg, square hole. it wont work.

Either put Zeb in Shotgun and throw 30+ times and mix in a run, or go 4-7 trying to be macho.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I'm not saying this spring is a throw away, but this is not the 2020 team by a long shot. A regular 2020 fall has a returning starting qb and a more experienced o-line. With a regular schedule going into this fall, a full camp has a full compliment of players competing at many positions.

This isn't a reload, it is a bandage. Also, the coaches can't burn guys out with another season starting a couple months after the completion of this one. This out of whack schedule with a free season basically favors those fringe programs like SIU and UN_. Go all out and don't worry about getting back into your regular schedule.

If I'm NDSU, it would be tough this spring. How do you get completely off your off-season weight program? You work 4 to 5 year plans with these guys and this year throws it all off? I would not be giving up the next 3 or 4 championships to go completely off schedule this spring.

I agree with this guy

Montana schools looking pretty smart at this point IMO

Use the rest of the "spring season" (who's the idiot that had this idea again?) to develop the team and play spoiler. Nothing left to lose at this point

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post

That's why Matt lardson should have pushed for playing last fall not this spring. Could have should have would have. It's a joke what they have know to what they had last August. Ridiculous. Oh and for the guys thinking everything is so peachy in the locker room a running back quit last week after a starter went down for the season. Think on that.

Lardsin must go!

Successful teams thrive on ROUTINE and that is all out the window now as coaches and players make adjustments to the "routine" maybe weekly. This is throwing a wrench into next falls football routine as well. The players want to play as much as they can but the mind and the body reach a maximized level in some situations. In addition, what are the revenue people doing being closed doors? With the NCAA losing millions of dollars what will the FCS playoffs look like in two months, will stadiums be half full or full. Our offense needs to get out of its funk. What is the plan?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    That's why Matt lardson should have pushed for playing last fall not this spring. Could have should have would have. It's a joke what they have know to what they had last August. Ridiculous. Oh and for the guys thinking everything is so peachy in the locker room a running back quit last week after a starter went down for the season. Think on that.
    Lakes had the right idea. Play who will play us then wait for fall. Whoever wins the title this year is getting an asterisk anyway.

But no one listened.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Lakes had the right idea. Play who will play us then wait for fall. Whoever wins the title this year is getting an asterisk anyway.

But no one listened.
    Why would their be an asterisk?
    College of Business Alumnus