Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thread

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Meyer View Post
    Watched the game again. What a mess offensively. Minus the last drive of both halves, NDSU ran 36 plays for 113 yards. 3.1 yards per play. Yikes.
    *inspired* by this post, I looked up the most pathetic offensive performances of the past decade.
    Here they are in all their glory, and our recent shining example fits in without a hiccup:

1. 2014 - UNI - 3-23: 175 yards for 3.3/play
    2. 2012 - ISUb - 17-14: 294 for 4.3/play
    3. 2011 - SIU - 9-3: 210 for 3.8
    4. 2010 - MiseryU: 120 for 2.4
    5. 2010 - Kansas : 168 for 3.1

So it appears we have the offense of 2010 but the defense of 2009?!

I can't remember which thread this was in. According to the roster at gobison.com, over half of our roster are true freshmen or redshirt freshmen and there are only nine seniors.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    One observation I left the game with is that it seemed like our receivers were really never open. There always seemed to be fairly tight coverage. I don't know if this is scheme, lack of athletes or the QB not getting the read correct, but even the balls that were solid throws were contested. This isn't a new problem for us, as I feel its how JMU beat us in the playoffs a few years back, they locked down the WR and threw everyone at the line to stop the run.

Haven't seen the game from this past weekend but not sure this is a good analogy. JMU won in 2016 by out "offensing" the bison. NDSU still scored 20 points, still put up ~350 yards of offense and >200 of those were passing. Your comment would make more sense if you were saying that that is how JMU competed in 2019. Lance put up for all purposes no passing yards but was a running and scrambling mastermind. But I still don't think it is a good analogy because JMU didn't overly stack the box. They just had a stacked D line. So the analogy fails there as well. 2017 was just an all out defensive battle and doesn't sound like this past weekends game.

This might just be a fluke of a game due to the oddity of spring football. None of the top 5 really looked themselves this past weekend really.

Man I am still super PISSED OFF about what happened at SIU.
    That was NOT a NDSU team. It was embarassing.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    It's the first time in a decade that I've stayed off sports forums (Bisonville aside) for a week after a game. No reddit /r/cfb, no sportscenter highlights, no Dom Izzo feed, no AGS.

Embarrassing is right.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    This might just be a fluke of a game due to the oddity of spring football. None of the top 5 really looked themselves this past weekend really.
    I see. The "good teams" are hindered because of the spring season. The "bad teams" are getting lucky wins because of the spring season.

Got it.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yeah didn't COMPETE at ANY PHASE of the game!!!

It was WORSE than just 1 loss-----its like they didn't want to play

Quote Originally Posted by airmail View Post
    I see. The "good teams" are hindered because of the spring season. The "bad teams" are getting lucky wins because of the spring season.

Got it.
    Would it make you feel better if we just said for one week UN_ is the king of the Valley after accomplishing more in 2 weeks than you have in your entire 13 year D1 history?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by airmail View Post

Got it.
    I'd say more accurately rebuilding teams or on the cusp younger teams are better off as they were less impacted by attrition from graduation and the pros. Experienced teams lost transfers, graduation, pro prospects at a higher rate. So yes it helped level the playing field. Imo

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    I'd say more accurately rebuilding teams or on the cusp younger teams are better off as they were less impacted by attrition from graduation and the pros. Experienced teams lost transfers, graduation, pro prospects at a higher rate. So yes it helped level the playing field. Imo
    I thought NDSU's backups were a top 10 FCS team?
    No rebuilding, just reloading.
    Etc, etc, etc.