Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thread

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    I thought NDSU's backups were a top 10 FCS team?
    No rebuilding, just reloading.
    Etc, etc, etc.
    Most years that's somewhat true but this year with all the departures and with over 70 players sophomore or younger it's a rebuilding year for sure.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Etc, etc, etc.
    They were. It’s the backups to the backups being coached horribly that’s apparently a concern.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Most years that's somewhat true but this year with all the departures and with over 70 players sophomore or younger it's a rebuilding year for sure.
    Are you sure, or is it the case that it was easy to claim without having to prove it?
    Over half of the players UND used in their two games were freshman or sophomores and pretty sure over 30% of the total were freshmen, including the QB.
    While admittedly it doesn't measure for how often each player was on the field, I'm pretty sure the split of under and upper classmen that UND and NDSU have used is very comparable.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My goodness, Bisonville is a terrible place to come to after a loss.

I have no idea how good this team is going to be, but what I do know is a lot of this stuff that needs to get worked out every season normally happens against Cupcakeville University. A 49-0 win looks just fine AND the players are learning how to gel together against that team. Well this year everything is screwed up, and some of our best players are gone early. It might just take a little longer for them to gel and they don't get the cupcake games they normally do.

I expect a much more focused team this weekend from the players through every coach and will see improvement. How do we know? Because even though we haven't seen this often, we have seen this show before.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    My goodness, Bisonville is a terrible place to come to after a loss.

I have no idea how good this team is going to be, but what I do know is a lot of this stuff that needs to get worked out every season normally happens against Cupcakeville University. A 49-0 win looks just fine AND the players are learning how to gel together against that team. Well this year everything is screwed up, and some of our best players are gone early. It might just take a little longer for them to gel and they don't get the cupcake games they normally do.

I expect a much more focused team this weekend from the players through every coach and will see improvement. How do we know? Because even though we haven't seen this often, we have seen this show before.
    I could've told you at about 1PM CT last Saturday that Bisonville was not going to be a pleasant place this week.

I kind of agree and disagree with you. I agree that we'll find out a whole lot of the mental makeup of this team this week but I also don't think we can discount how disappointing their performance was last week. I don't recall if it was Klieman or Bohl (maybe both) that said you typically see the greatest improvement in a team from their first game to their second game. I don't think any Bison fan would tell you that their first game was all that great but their second game was undoubtedly worse. That's a big concern for me. But it's also important to note that they've got direct control over every goal they set out to achieve this year and that starts with an MVFC title. They have to improve a whole hell of a lot but I still believe the talent is there for them to win every game left on their schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    Haven't seen the game from this past weekend but not sure this is a good analogy. JMU won in 2016 by out "offensing" the bison. NDSU still scored 20 points, still put up ~350 yards of offense and >200 of those were passing. Your comment would make more sense if you were saying that that is how JMU competed in 2019. Lance put up for all purposes no passing yards but was a running and scrambling mastermind. But I still don't think it is a good analogy because JMU didn't overly stack the box. They just had a stacked D line. So the analogy fails there as well. 2017 was just an all out defensive battle and doesn't sound like this past weekends game.

This might just be a fluke of a game due to the oddity of spring football. None of the top 5 really looked themselves this past weekend really.
    There's bound to be plenty of Spring Jitters, very unusual season. Maybe plenty of loses to be passed around.
    Looking forward to Summit & MVFC[SIGPIC]

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Etc, etc, etc.
    Are you quoting me?? Cause I didn't say that. In your next comment you take about und also using underclassman. Almost like an evening of the playing field. But they seem to have a bit more leadership and consistency figured out right now. Good on them, I like when und is good as long as ndsu gets to break their heart in the end .

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Are you quoting me?? Cause I didn't say that. In your next comment you take about und also using underclassman. Almost like an evening of the playing field. But they seem to have a bit more leadership and consistency figured out right now. Good on them, I like when und is good as long as ndsu gets to break their heart in the end .
    I don't know what the talent comparison is between NDSU and UND, but I watched UND vs SDSU and one thing that was clear was UND played with much greater effort, speed and energy than what we saw from the Bison.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

watsons comments todaysrag got me just jacked 4 sat

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    watsons comments todaysrag got me just jacked 4 sat
    Link? Or what did he say?