Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thread

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Bison fans now know how other teams' fans feel. You normally don't win every game and sometimes you lose big. I looked outside and it's still sunny and warm. I think I'll be ok.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Many of us are Vikes fans. We don’t need the Bison to play like hot garbage to know the pain of losing

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

if I counted right, 4 of the projected 2020 starters started today

Volson, Jensen, Kubas, Grindorf

I've been wondering for years why we don't run c-gap power as much any more, it seems like a more effective play.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Tutsie said it in his post game

Something about thinking they could roll their helmets on the field and win

Me thinks some egos got in the way also

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I get that. But if that was truly the case where was the fire and effort in the 2nd half? We actually quit on defense. It was embarrassing to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a real privilege to watch everyone go bat shit crazy once every two years when we don't win a football game.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It's a real privilege to watch everyone go bat shit crazy once every two years when we don't win a football game.
    Agreed but it was the way we lost. We didn’t even deserve 14 points in this game. We were so unbelievably dominated it is unreal and even if we were not mentally ready to play it doesn’t matter as we r just not very good.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Seems to me, SIU played Bison football against the Bison.
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Not just getting dominated in this game but that Youngstown kept the game close for a half and part of quarter.

Offense looks dreadful especially when Zeb seemed to attempt to put the team on his shoulders and started air mailing receivers. He really collapsed after that fumble when it seemed like NDSU finally was putting together something that resembled a drive.

Rush yards only look nearly reasonable due to a 63 yard run in what essentially was garbage time.

Never a good day when your punter has nearly the same yards punting as your total offense??

Then getting 15 yard penalties on both turnovers essentially handed SIU 14 points.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Not just getting dominated in this game but that Youngstown kept the game close for a half and part of quarter.

Offense looks dreadful especially when Zeb seemed to attempt to put the team on his shoulders and started air mailing receivers. He really collapsed after that fumble when it seemed like NDSU finally was putting together something that resembled a drive.

Rush yards only look nearly reasonable due to a 63 yard run in what essentially was garbage time.

Never a good day when your punter has nearly the same yards punting as your total offense??

Then getting 15 yard penalties on both turnovers essentially handed SIU 14 points.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    You forgot the 3 offsides penalties. Understandable considering the dumpster fire we saw yesterday.

Looks like the sun rose today

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I get that. But if that was truly the case where was the fire and effort in the 2nd half? We actually quit on defense. It was embarrassing to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This was my concern, as well. So we got punched in the forehead the first half but somehow we miraculously get momentum going to halftime. I expected a different team the 2nd half but the first couple drives were telling with the lack of adjustments.

Also, what does the cheat sheet say about going for 2 down 25? Asking for a friend.

Finally, Richman seems to be the only guy who showed some emotion yesterday. Let that sink in.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013