Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thread

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Tutsie said it in his post game

Something about thinking they could roll their helmets on the field and win

Me thinks some egos got in the way also

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    he looked wrecked at the end of the game. Totally devastated. Need to get his head right for next week.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most people realized going into this Spring season that SIU was going to be a formidable opponent -- they missed the playoffs and had a bit of a chip on their shoulder. SIU got blown away in their opener, was embarrassed, and grew a a larger chip on their shoulder. They came out yesterday wanting to exorcise that loss demon... and we were the target of that rage. Meanwhile, NDSU gave the impression that they could just show up and win. NDSU's coaching staff, and players did not recognize or at least take serious the situation they were going into.

Here's my uninformed take... back in the day (circa 2011-2015)... it was thought that the Bison needed to drop a game to "re-calibrate" -- it sucked, but the team got a taste of losing, and didn't like it... snapped back and became a better team. I realize those were typically 3 point losses. But NDSU went 39 games without losing a game -- the loss needed to be a severe beat down (correction)... this one really sucked, but at least it didn't happen in the playoffs. Team was complacent, thought they could phone it in -- talent is there, it just needs to be directed toward winning the battle every game.

Now we see how they respond... anything short of an epic beatdown of Mo State is unacceptable.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Most people realized going into this Spring season that SIU was going to be a formidable opponent -- they missed the playoffs and had a bit of a chip on their shoulder. SIU got blown away in their opener, was embarrassed, and grew a a larger chip on their shoulder. They came out yesterday wanting to exorcise that loss demon... and we were the target of that rage. Meanwhile, NDSU gave the impression that they could just show up and win. NDSU's coaching staff, and players did not recognize or at least take serious the situation they were going into.

Here's my uninformed take... back in the day (circa 2011-2015)... it was thought that the Bison needed to drop a game to "re-calibrate" -- it sucked, but the team got a taste of losing, and didn't like it... snapped back and became a better team. I realize those were typically 3 point losses. But NDSU went 39 games without losing a game -- the loss needed to be a severe beat down (correction)... this one really sucked, but at least it didn't happen in the playoffs. Team was complacent, thought they could phone it in -- talent is there, it just needs to be directed toward winning the battle every game.

Now we see how they respond... anything short of an epic beatdown of Mo State is unacceptable.
    Just giving you a fair warning. There's not a team remaining on the schedule who doesn't have a chip on their shoulder towards ndsu. They are all licking their chops and getting ready to give ndsu their best shot.

One bright side is it appears nobody really gives a shit about spring fcs football. Not getting much coverage nationally.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Just giving you a fair warning. There's not a team remaining on the schedule who doesn't have a chip on their shoulder towards ndsu. They are all licking their chops and getting ready to give ndsu their best shot.

One bright side is it appears nobody really gives a shit about spring fcs football. Not getting much coverage nationally.
    You got that right! NDSU always is everyone's superbowl... and the attitude the past 3 games showed, this version of the team doesn't take that threat as seriously as previous versions of the team did. Hope they recalibrate successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    I didn't realize that thier quarterback Baker was only 5'9" tall. He was 17 of 23 for 259 yards. Wow!
    Saluki fan here, he was actually the 3rd stringer behind RB/QB Javon Williams. He won State in something like 3A ball, maybe 4A. He arrived to the high expectations of exactly nobody and everybody assumed that he was here at all because we're desperate. Except his high school Coach who said he would make a believer out of us and that he was that rare little guy who could play with the big guys. Had we beaten UND as we should have I think this game would have been much closer but laying that egg probably had you guys looking past us. In spite of it being a down year for the Bison and an asterisk season this win may have saved football at SIU, we aren't quite circling the drain yet but the water level is way down and we're a basketball school. Hope you pound UND like a $20 hooker
    subvert the dominant paradigm[/SIZE]

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

I don't know about no one noticing. It was front page on both ESPN and the Athletic's web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    It's a real privilege to watch everyone go bat shit crazy once every two years when we don't win a football game.
    Better get used to it, because I see a lot more losses coming this year. This team is just not very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Power View Post
    Better get used to it, because I see a lot more losses coming this year. This team is just not very good.
    Very possible. Looks like it finally might be a rebuilding year.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not just sour grapes because I felt this way before the season started but couldn’t care less about spring playoffs. FCS missing some of its contenders, fans etc. and it just isn’t the same. I would like to see NDSU improve, see some new stars emerge and go into summer on a roll but I could care less if we even make playoffs. They just aren’t as legit or as exciting

SIU fans will talk about this win like JMU fans do about 2016. Cant blame them it's the biggest win in school history.