Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDSU SIU Preview

Default Re: NDSU SIU Preview

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    how the hell doesn't NDSU just roll on these guys ? hopefully the conservative play calling is done for the year.
    I'm pretty sure they'll play better at home and won't have 5 turnovers.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll play better at home and won't have 5 turnovers.
    Agreed. I would calm any thoughts of rolling SIU. I saw nothing in our game that says we are multidimensional and have the ability to do whatever we want like we have in the past. Also you can't expect a team to have a repeat 5 turnover game. If they have to go with the backup QB that could be to our advantage. But if I remember the last meeting it wasn't their QB that was giving us problems.

I can hear it now up here in forksville.....well we beat them by more then you guys so we are legit!.......signed the chickenhawks!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoninloveland View Post
    I can hear it now up here in forksville.....well we beat them by more then you guys so we are legit!.......signed the chickenhawks!
    I'm gonna guess they'll be brought down to earth in a hurry after their game with the silly wabbits this week.... gone are their days of weeks off munching on big fluffy cupcakes.

Stats poll!!!!!!!! lol
    Ha. I saw that. Adorable really.

how the hell doesn't NDSU just roll on these guys ? hopefully the conservative play calling is done for the year.
    I couldn't agree more. Getting Luepke Back at TE/FB will add another dimension to the play calling, but yet its a must to use our, biggest fastest receiver deep threat in the country and Mr. Watson needs to be thrown 4 bombs every game to stretch the field, they only did it once which is ridiculous. Rohl needs to get the machine rolling so confidence is there as UND/SDSU and UNI look good and a short season doesn't mean you want until the end to use your full play book any more! Bury these Salukis by 25 points otherwise UND is going to look like the new bulls on the block!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    I couldn't agree more. Getting Luepke Back at TE/FB will add another dimension to the play calling, but yet its a must to use our, biggest fastest receiver deep threat in the country and Mr. Watson needs to be thrown 4 bombs every game to stretch the field, they only did it once which is ridiculous. Rohl needs to get the machine rolling so confidence is there as UND/SDSU and UNI look good and a short season doesn't mean you want until the end to use your full play book any more! Bury these Salukis by 25 points otherwise UND is going to look like the new bulls on the block!
    Mr. Watson needs to stop tripping over his own feet. He did it several times versus UCA and at least once against YSU on a deep route.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Mr. Watson needs to stop tripping over his own feet. He did it several times versus UCA and at least once against YSU on a deep route.
    Well, Kobe was having a bit of a problem too. Maybe it's the shoes... it didn't look like they were wearing flippers, but I didn't look that closely.

I rewatched NDSU v SIU from last year. NDSU really struggled with bad field position. plus it seemed like every third down was 3rd and 9 because it was feast or famine on 1st and 2nd. On defense, NDSU had a lot of trouble with their wildcat guy was gashing us. SIU really shortened the game - NDSU only had 8 drives.

It seems doubtful that NDSU is going to get SIU to give us the ball 5 times, but I'm encouraged by how good our DL looked last week. I'd sure like to see NDSU keep their running game in check this time.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    Yea. last week was a wake up call & the offense knows they need to BRING IT>
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Yea. last week was a wake up call & the offense knows they need to BRING IT>
    I'm still going to claim that Youngstown defensive back field was fast until proven otherwise. Like I said in other posts, maybe Zeb made them look fast by locking in on his receivers, we will see how this week goes.