My first NDSU basketball game this weekend. Had alot of fun with my two boys (4 and 2). But what I saw was shocking....

our basketball fans SuuuuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. holy Sh*t, what a disappointment. It sounds like its a football game where we are always on offense. Absolutely no cheering whatsoever unless we score. No yelling on defense, no chanting. Atmosphere is dead as a doornail unless we're scoring at the moment.
First NDSU basketball game I've been to and wow our fans were horrific. Ive seen gyms with only 300 fans that were VASTLY more raucous and LOUD than the 2800 people who were there.
No home of the "BISON!", no cheering on defense, no chanting, no crowd engagement, student section was standing room only but were silent as a cemetery.

Seriously, If our basktball fans were HALF as engaged as our football fans, we would have a top 50 atmosphere in ALL OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL

I was EASILY the loudest fan on my half of the stadium, simply by whistling when we hit 3s and dunked and during opponent free throws. I should not be one of the 5-10 loudest people in the stadium when I'm holding a napping toddler in my arms. Dumfounding.

Seriously, what the hell do they need to do to get people engaged?? We're playing our biggest rival by a mile, 1st place in the conference on the line, CLOSE game, damn good teams, capacity crowd.... and crickets almost the entire game