Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It was supposedly the same knee that he had surgery on last year.
    Well that changes my opinion a bit. Thank god people have 2 ACL’s!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    That is worrisome......it’s not like he is a RFr or true FR, like the backups are
    His first start in a couple years. I'll cut him some slack there. Hopefully he improves.
    College of Business Alumnus

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A few things that jumped out to me:
    1. People can say that we used a "vanilla offense" and still won handily. That is fine. But I am concerned about our passing game. We either play action or rolled out for about 85% of our passing plays. I am fine with play action with how heavy run we are, but the roll out game frustrates me. Your basically only using one half of the field, and if it isn't open then you throw it out of bounds. Honestly if we are going to be vanilla all spring, then play Cam Miller. A lot of experts compare him to Easton Stick. He is athletic and will at least give us a true threat in the running game. If all he has to do is roll out and throw it to the sideline.

2. Speaking of passing game. I would love to see us use the TE's in the middle of the field like Youngstown did to us. We have the best TE room in the FCS. Use them!

3. Why is the only route tree that Watson runs is a come back or a go pattern? He is the most dynamic play maker we have on offense and the only way we can get the ball in his hands are jet sweeps and reverse plays? He needs to be a true factor in the passing game. 6'4" with speed to burn, the size to throw it up, catch the ball across the middle. I feel like we limit him, which limits us.

4. Gonnella is going to be special. He has the size and the burst. Can't wait to watch him develop over the next few games. I think he is a true 3-down back that will compliment what Johnson and Bussey have to offer. Johnson might wear down if he is asked to carry it 15-20 games this spring and then again in 3 months. Wouldn't be surprised if TK Marshall gets into the rotation also.

5. Offensive lined look very solid, athletic and physical.

6. Defense has speed to burn. Our linebackers fly to the football. Defensive line was impressive and deep. Will be excited to see them play against a team that has more of a passing attack.

7. Dom Jones really looks the part as an athlete. He will be an exciting safety over the spring. He will really be able to grow as a player knowing he is playing next to Tutsie.

8. Worry about cornerback depth, but was also happy the way both Price and Talbert played opposite Hayes. They both tackled very well in the run game.

I know its only been one game. We are spoiled from prior years! Go Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    A few things that jumped out to me:
    1. People can say that we used a "vanilla offense" and still won handily. That is fine. But I am concerned about our passing game. We either play action or rolled out for about 85% of our passing plays. I am fine with play action with how heavy run we are, but the roll out game frustrates me. Your basically only using one half of the field, and if it isn't open then you throw it out of bounds. Honestly if we are going to be vanilla all spring, then play Cam Miller. A lot of experts compare him to Easton Stick. He is athletic and will at least give us a true threat in the running game. If all he has to do is roll out and throw it to the sideline.

2. Speaking of passing game. I would love to see us use the TE's in the middle of the field like Youngstown did to us. We have the best TE room in the FCS. Use them!

3. Why is the only route tree that Watson runs is a come back or a go pattern? He is the most dynamic play maker we have on offense and the only way we can get the ball in his hands are jet sweeps and reverse plays? He needs to be a true factor in the passing game. 6'4" with speed to burn, the size to throw it up, catch the ball across the middle. I feel like we limit him, which limits us.

4. Gonnella is going to be special. He has the size and the burst. Can't wait to watch him develop over the next few games. I think he is a true 3-down back that will compliment what Johnson and Bussey have to offer. Johnson might wear down if he is asked to carry it 15-20 games this spring and then again in 3 months. Wouldn't be surprised if TK Marshall gets into the rotation also.

5. Offensive lined look very solid, athletic and physical.

6. Defense has speed to burn. Our linebackers fly to the football. Defensive line was impressive and deep. Will be excited to see them play against a team that has more of a passing attack.

7. Dom Jones really looks the part as an athlete. He will be an exciting safety over the spring. He will really be able to grow as a player knowing he is playing next to Tutsie.

8. Worry about cornerback depth, but was also happy the way both Price and Talbert played opposite Hayes. They both tackled very well in the run game.

I know its only been one game. We are spoiled from prior years! Go Bison!
    Agree with everything except point 1... I think we need to give Zeb most of the spring before we know much...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zeb Noland didnt look any worse than Trey Lance did against UCA.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Zeb Noland didnt look any worse than Trey Lance did against UCA.
    Throwing the ball yes. Trey won that game with his legs though.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Throwing the ball yes. Trey won that game with his legs though.
    Sagarin has UCA and YSU at 144 and 143.
    UCA MOV = 11
    YSU MOV = 18.

Where are the Lance haters?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Extreme cold - I missed that one!!! I heard covid, healthcare workers, social justice & mental health tho.
    Anyway, it was respectfully done.
    You are probably right about the extreme cold.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post

4. Gonnella is going to be special.

!
    Completely agree. He was the Newcomer who really stood out for me.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Sagarin has UCA and YSU at 144 and 143.
    UCA MOV = 11
    YSU MOV = 18.

Where are the Lance haters?
    If I remember correctly Lance threw some nice passes early in that game that were flat out dropped like the bomb to Watson that would have been a TD. I didn't think Zeb looked good at all. If he was a first year starter as a Freshman or Sophomore I would not be critical, but we are talking about a 5th year senior so you expect them to be way more polished. Hopefully he improves quickly.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.