Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd disagree with the bolded. Might've just been from my vantage point at the dome halfway up section 9 it's easy to see the entire field compared to down on the field but I didn't think he was seeing the field and was missing open guys in favor of throwing into tight(er) coverage.

It'll be a good learning experience for him... the film and the experience should help him get better.
    Thanks for adding that perspective. Could not see that from my couch...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Some great points made here.

PL is right, it did feel like a normal spring game.

The defense did look great except for the one long YSU drive where I think they converted twice on 4th down.

RTO is correct about the boring game. It was pretty good until the aforementioned YSU drive. I actually almost fell asleep watching it. Eight minute drives are not nearly as fun when they're happening to your team for a change.

As people have said, I'm just sick for Seth Wilson. It's hard to tell on those, I suppose there is a chance he didn't sustain major ligament damage, sometimes that's the case and then other times they walk off and you think they're ok and then it ends up being terrible. Just bad luck for that young man.

The more I read and think about the game, the better I feel. Or maybe it's the booze hitting finally.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    To all the folks on here ripping Zeb it's been several years since he last took a meaningful snap. Plus, QB's need reps, lots of them. Trey looked pretty mediocre against UCA after sitting on a shelf for 9 months as well. He's going to need 3-4 games to get back in sync.
    Agree with this... although I didn’t see any plays that looked like he had good comfort with what was happening, or good “pocket presence” or whatever the fuck it is... it didn’t look great. Pulling for him to improve and blow the doors off the place but it was not great on paper or on the smell test.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

QB totally locked onto one received. Didn’t see the field at all.

How many QB role outs to the right did we call?

24 and 21 won’t last if we plan on banging them up the middle all season. Why not use 44 as Hb on short yardage plays?

Defense was great against the run. Will be interesting how we are in pass coverage

Very impressed with 10. Stuck out as a freshman. 26 is a stud. Like the way he plays.

If we don’t improve the passing game no way we win a championship throwing for 60-80 yards a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*If* Seth is out. Do we move Luepke to RB? Or do we just roll with Johnson, Gonella and Bussey? Or do we give Marshall and Stewart reps?

There were a couple rollouts where Zeb could have hit a wide open TE or FB? For 4-5 yds plus yac but forced it a bit further down field and didn't connect. They'll watch the film and teach him how to take what's there and that his FBs and TEs will make sure their catches turn into solid gains.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    *If* Seth is out. Do we move Luepke to RB? Or do we just roll with Johnson, Gonella and Bussey? Or do we give Marshall and Stewart reps?
    This is the correct question.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’d like to see Gonella and Marshall get some reps especially up the gut for the most part.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

O line looked good. Receivers didn’t have much to work with. RBs, Kobe is a stud but we need some depth. Zeb...well he does have a cannon. Bigger than Trey from what I’ve heard. But he didn’t look off a single read the whole game. If he can’t see the field better, and he can’t run great..we just need better QB play.

Defense looked good enough to win games, just need some more experience. Doesn’t feel like we will go undefeated but still talented enough to be the favorites for it all

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    do you think the camera person can PAN BACK on a play and quit guessing who has the ball and let us the TV Fans watch the PLay play out???!!
    this!!!

we all have much larger televisions than we did in the 1980s. yet Football is still zoomed in on the QB and we can't see the receivers. Please Pan Out!!!