Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Game seemed like an alternate reality. Energy level seemed like it was a rerun of a MAC game playing to not finish last in the conference. I expect hype for Zeb and lack of football created expectations not in line with the actual reality. Lots of talent, just need a reset next week.

DakotaOkie is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone must have texted Entz about the maternity shirt look. He changed to all green at halftime.
    More serious note, the D looked decent but the entire O looked listless. There wasn't much excitement or apparent energy visible. Hopefully, the rust has mostly worked off this week and the excitement returns this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    1) Defense looks solid. One bad drive but their TE's seemed to be pretty big targets.
    2) Special shoutout to Firstname Lastname, Valley DPOY frontrunner IMO.
    3) Jury still out on Zeb. 50% completion rate and the ball was never where it should have been on the key downs. I posted on the GDT that Lance's absence was apparent on those stalled-out drives. In a lot of those situations Lance would have just put the team on his back and made something happen. It's going to be a rough adjustment without that. And that's no knock on Zeb (or anyone else in the QB room). It's just impossible to replace that wildcard. If we're going to repeat Zeb has to be DRASTICALLY better than he was today.
    4) I love the pitch between the tackles. Let's our backs use their speed advantage to make one fast read and a cut.
    5) I'm sick, absolutely fucking sick, for Seth Wilson. Bussey/Kobe are going to form a sort of Lightning & Lightning combo that is exciting. Who is going to be the bruising back? Does Hunter (arguably the most athletic big guy on the team) get some snaps at tailback? Wish Saybein was still here.
    6) Thet jet sweep is going to be done to death this year. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.
    7) KVLY is trash. Timmerman is stupid.
    8) I'm glad football is back but the whole spring season and half empty dome is so 2020. Just weird.
    We’re really doin’ it, aren’t we though, buddy?!

Man... a postgame thread is good for my soul...

I feel like Zeb forced it a lot... not a ton of open receivers missed.

Goddamnit Seth. I hope you read things similar to this from your fans, but let me just say it. We are sick for you and we are pulling for you.

Holy Shit that D was fucking fantastic. I couldn’t have imagined a better game. Seriously so many underclassmen with standout plays. If we win a chipper this year, it’ll be on their backs.

Special teams was fantastic today. No liabilities at all. Love that.

Fix the O. Bring on numero 9.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I was amazed when Seth Wilson got up from the play. I was hopeful he was OK.

Man, I hope it's not bad because a) he's worked his ass off to get back on the field and b) he is one of the best backs I've seen at NDSU - he's the total package.

How much can you really learn about your defense when the other team volunteers to play one dimensional offense?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Fire Timmerman

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Fire Timmerman
    If only......

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I don't know if I agree about his arm. I thought the deep balls kinda "fluttered" on him. He does seem pretty good throwing on the rollout.

In any case this is game one. Kids are just cutting their teeth, it will be interesting to see next week.
    Deep balls were off today, but he had good zip on sideline throws.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Deep balls were off today, but he had good zip on sideline throws.
    No ints ,we ran over 200 yards. Didn't expect big numbers with running game we had.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    We’re really doin’ it, aren’t we though, buddy?!

Man... a postgame thread is good for my soul...

I feel like Zeb forced it a lot... not a ton of open receivers missed.

Goddamnit Seth. I hope you read things similar to this from your fans, but let me just say it. We are sick for you and we are pulling for you.

Holy Shit that D was fucking fantastic. I couldn’t have imagined a better game. Seriously so many underclassmen with standout plays. If we win a chipper this year, it’ll be on their backs.

Special teams was fantastic today. No liabilities at all. Love that.

Fix the O. Bring on numero 9.
    I'd disagree with the bolded. Might've just been from my vantage point at the dome halfway up section 9 it's easy to see the entire field compared to down on the field but I didn't think he was seeing the field and was missing open guys in favor of throwing into tight(er) coverage.

It'll be a good learning experience for him... the film and the experience should help him get better.