Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Hybrid View

Default YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

1) Defense looks solid. One bad drive but their TE's seemed to be pretty big targets.
    2) Special shoutout to Firstname Lastname, Valley DPOY frontrunner IMO.
    3) Jury still out on Zeb. 50% completion rate and the ball was never where it should have been on the key downs. I posted on the GDT that Lance's absence was apparent on those stalled-out drives. In a lot of those situations Lance would have just put the team on his back and made something happen. It's going to be a rough adjustment without that. And that's no knock on Zeb (or anyone else in the QB room). It's just impossible to replace that wildcard. If we're going to repeat Zeb has to be DRASTICALLY better than he was today.
    4) I love the pitch between the tackles. Let's our backs use their speed advantage to make one fast read and a cut.
    5) I'm sick, absolutely fucking sick, for Seth Wilson. Bussey/Kobe are going to form a sort of Lightning & Lightning combo that is exciting. Who is going to be the bruising back? Does Hunter (arguably the most athletic big guy on the team) get some snaps at tailback? Wish Saybein was still here.
    6) Thet jet sweep is going to be done to death this year. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.
    7) KVLY is trash. Timmerman is stupid.
    8) I'm glad football is back but the whole spring season and half empty dome is so 2020. Just weird.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

9) I loved watching #1 on YSU. He was animated and cocky despite the ass kicking his team was taking the whole time. Fake it until you make it, young man.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

D was solid. O needs to improve. I’ll give Zeb a pass for this game but this game only. Was hoping for quite a bit more out of him. KVLY needs to go away. It’s a win and I’ll give it an overall 7 out of 10.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Game seemed like an alternate reality. Energy level seemed like it was a rerun of a MAC game playing to not finish last in the conference. I expect hype for Zeb and lack of football created expectations not in line with the actual reality. Lots of talent, just need a reset next week.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone must have texted Entz about the maternity shirt look. He changed to all green at halftime.
    More serious note, the D looked decent but the entire O looked listless. There wasn't much excitement or apparent energy visible. Hopefully, the rust has mostly worked off this week and the excitement returns this coming week.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Zeb has a powerful arm, but the passing game was clunky today (missed throws, receivers tripping, etc.). I think we had one third down conversion through the air today. We gotta work that out in case our run game gets shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Zeb has a powerful arm, but the passing game was clunky today (missed throws, receivers tripping, etc.). I think we had one third down conversion through the air today. We gotta work that out in case our run game gets shutdown.
    I don't know if I agree about his arm. I thought the deep balls kinda "fluttered" on him. He does seem pretty good throwing on the rollout.

In any case this is game one. Kids are just cutting their teeth, it will be interesting to see next week.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I saw quite a few drops today
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Game 1 is usually vs a pud team. We got a good Youngstown. Team was a little rusty and losing Seth seems to have messed with out game plan. Kobe isn't built to get that many carries but he did a good job. Seems like there were some miscommunication in the passing game. Wish we would have done a bit more playaction today. That was Zebs first start since 2018 and he was good enough to win. Will get better.

The defense was great besides 1 drive

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Hoping Seth's knee was just hyper-extended. He could be back in three weeks. If it's another tear, he might qualify for another redshirt. He might have a couple Master's degrees by the time he leaves NDSU.

I thought the timing of everything on offense was just a little off.

Everyone knows that they have NOT been practicing like they would in a normal season. Entz has mentioned this on a number of occasions. The reps haven't been there, and...they are using a whole lot of skill position players on offense.

We are very fortunate our toughest games come at the end of this bizarre season. I have full confidence that when this offense running on all cylinders finely tuned and timed, it will be unstoppable and Zeb will look like a different player.