Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

2. Speaking of passing game. I would love to see us use the TE's in the middle of the field like Youngstown did to us. We have the best TE room in the FCS. Use them!
    Exactly! This has been going on for many years. Lately we only seem to pass to tight ends when we are in the red zone. Roehl seriously needs to rethink how he uses TEs.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    His first start in a couple years. I'll cut him some slack there. Hopefully he improves.
    He is what I expected, team leader but not a great fit for the offense. Another game like that and Cam Miller will be taking some first team reps in practice

Dont worry. Sproles Weber and Mathis will be playing next week.. hilarious that no one wants to discuss those 3 not playing week 1 but freely jumping around on sidelines and tik tok videos.. haha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i still want a legit explanation of why sproles, mathis, dawson didnt play today. they were hurt.
    Dont worry. Sproles Weber and Mathis will be playing next week.. hilarious that no one wants to discuss those 3 not playing week 1 but freely jumping around on sidelines and tik tok videos.. haha
    I'll discuss it. Got any information we don't have?? Did they have surgeries like some claimed post uca? Minor tweaks and rested for the long run? Really only seemed to miss sproles. Couple we drops that hurt us. Has coach talked about their health or timeline for their return?

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    He is what I expected, team leader but not a great fit for the offense. Another game like that and Cam Miller will be taking some first team reps in practice
    Good coaches change their playcalling to match personal. Not the other way around. It showed me TR is a very limited offensive mind.

Two things that really puzzle me. Why we don’t use the TE more and why Watson isnt a bigger part of the passing game.

Also why do. 24 a d 21 up the middle. Only thing that will do is get the
    Hurt. Multiple times on third and short we ran 24. We do t have a bigger back on the roster? We did this with Brooks also and did t understand it then.

IMO our last offensive coordinators as the best we have ever had. Loved the way he called a game

Tyler not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Good coaches change their playcalling to match personal. Not the other way around. It showed me TR is a very limited offensive mind.

Two things that really puzzle me. Why we don’t use the TE more and why Watson isnt a bigger part of the passing game.

Hurt. Multiple times on third and short we ran 24. We do t have a bigger back on the roster? We did this with Brooks also and did t understand it then.

IMO our last offensive coordinators as the best we have ever had. Loved the way he called a game

Tyler not so much.

You mean the OC who helped Lance break every freshman QB record?

Tyler not so much.

If a RB can't run between the tackles on the regular, he probably shouldn't play for the Bison. Been impressed with both of their drive up the middle actually. I'm more concerned about pass pro than anything with all the young smaller rbs.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The pass pro issue was evident in a play or two with kobe. Too small to black lbs.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not sure how Weber is going to help out our passing game any? Defense looked good. I wouldn't be surprised if Dom Jones ends up passing Weber at safety. He just looks like an FBS athlete (figured you would like that one).

Glad there is a chance Sproles can get back. I don't know what role Mathis will carve out. I think Lippe has passed him on the depth chart.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hurt.

Ball carriers don't get hurt as much going up the A gap. It is the off tackle and edge stuff - think more lateral movement, not squared up contact - that gets guys hurt. The issue IMO is that the little guys can't exert their will and punish defenders inside as much. But, if the holes are big enough for a littler back to get his hips involved, it can be trouble for the defense because the plays develop so much faster and can get by the second level before a safety can react.

When I see Bussey out there, I can't help but picture Rocky Balboa chasing the chicken during his training.
    Insert something clever here...