Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Did they play the National Anthem today before the game?
    They did. And then they read the Declaration of Independence..... without masks

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Didn’t see that personally. Sundell is fairly new to center though. I’m confident it’s not an issue.
    Lots of high snaps. Fumble on jet sweep was due to a high snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I don't think Tyler called a great game for Zeb either. Seemed like he put him in too many obvious passing situations instead of calling a few more pass plays on first down. Maybe they didn't want to show much but let's face it teams know what we do by now anyway. The defense played well but wasn't much of a test IMO. Ysu has to be one of the worst offenses they'll face.
    That's what I thought too. Tyler needs to up his game on play calling. Zeb needs to get the ball out quicker to the receivers, they were open on their break. Safeties need to play tighter.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Lots of high snaps. Fumble on jet sweep was due to a high snap.
    Yes the snap was high, but even a good snap there would have been problems. The snap was either late or WR was early.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Before Zeb gets written off too much remember that in the only game last fall Trey didn't exactly light the pass game up either. He went 15-30 for 149 with 2 TDs and an INT. Pretty comparable to Zebs 9-18 for 74 when you factor in the number of pass attempts (and Trey picked it up in those last 10 pass attempts to get those numbers respectable). And they had Sproles and Luepke in that game last fall also.

The moral is let's not be too judgemental off the first game but let's expect some significant improvement as the spring goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    That's what I thought too. Tyler needs to up his game on play calling. Zeb needs to get the ball out quicker to the receivers, they were open on their break. Safeties need to play tighter.
    Yeah, more short passing routes to give him some high percentage throws would help get him in a rhythm i think. I had the same thoughts last year at times with Trey like in the SDSU and JMU games when they couldn't get anything going through the air. Seems like with the exception of screen passes almost all the passing routes being run are intermediate or deep routes. Get some quick slants, shallow crosses, etc.

I really wish that Kobe hadn't tripped on that third down screen pass... that was a TD.

Clock is already clicking on Zeb. That is not good enough to beat a solid Valley school. I really think we see one of the young guys in 2-3 games.

Who is the next best option?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The moral is let's not be too judgemental off the first game but let's expect some significant improvement as the spring goes on.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Clock is already clicking on Zeb. That is not good enough to beat a solid Valley school. I really think we see one of the young guys in 2-3 games.

Lol, or you can take that approach.

I wouldn't be too anxious to get to Zeb's backup considering the only other eligible QBs on the roster are redshirt freshman Logan Graetz and true freshman Cam Miller. Zeb was voted a team captain so he has the support of his teammates. I'd be pretty confident saying that the team will sink or swim this spring with him at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

This was base vanilla offense

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com