Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I saw quite a few drops today
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd disagree with the bolded. Might've just been from my vantage point at the dome halfway up section 9 it's easy to see the entire field compared to down on the field but I didn't think he was seeing the field and was missing open guys in favor of throwing into tight(er) coverage.

It'll be a good learning experience for him... the film and the experience should help him get better.
    Being at the game I agree. Several plays had his running open that were missed for throw aways/tight coverage

Reminded me of a typical spring football game. New QB and other new players. Trying to find what works under game conditions against a team other than yourself.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Game 1 is usually vs a pud team. We got a good Youngstown. Team was a little rusty and losing Seth seems to have messed with out game plan. Kobe isn't built to get that many carries but he did a good job. Seems like there were some miscommunication in the passing game. Wish we would have done a bit more playaction today. That was Zebs first start since 2018 and he was good enough to win. Will get better.

The defense was great besides 1 drive

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Went about as expected for game 1. KYLE was great and huge improvement, but KVLY production still sucks. Get rid of the sideline reporter and actually tell us who is on the field for the Bison would be helpful.
    Your Right, Kyle seems much more relaxed, he did a nice job better then 2 years ago. KVLY NBC SUCKS and I am a 55 yr.old father. Sorry for the language. I'm not the smartest guy but, " do you think the camera person can PAN BACK on a play and quit guessing who has the ball and let us the TV Fans watch the PLay play out???!!

This looked like a first game of the season. Very vanilla with very little extra anything added. Base packages on both sides of the ball. The Bison was very determined not to show anything other than simple plays on offense and a couple twists on defense. Still should have been better execution. A win is a win and YSU never looked like they were in the game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've never been that bored at a Bison game as I was today. Guess it really isn't that surprising, as I had very low expectations coming in. Lackluster offense, no band, no cheerleaders on the field, maybe 400-500 students, 6500 total fans, people not really trying to make noise with the masks muffling what little cheering was taking place, way too much shitty electronica/techno music, no tailgating so a lot of sober people in the stands.

Oh well. I'll probably go to the next home game, whenever that is.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Hoping Seth's knee was just hyper-extended. He could be back in three weeks. If it's another tear, he might qualify for another redshirt. He might have a couple Master's degrees by the time he leaves NDSU.

I thought the timing of everything on offense was just a little off.

Everyone knows that they have NOT been practicing like they would in a normal season. Entz has mentioned this on a number of occasions. The reps haven't been there, and...they are using a whole lot of skill position players on offense.

We are very fortunate our toughest games come at the end of this bizarre season. I have full confidence that when this offense running on all cylinders finely tuned and timed, it will be unstoppable and Zeb will look like a different player.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bullshit the game was on a Monday morning for me. Was watching it as I was getting my 2nd Covid vaccine dose so it was a lot of interrupted viewing.

All kidding aside, glad that was the only Sunday game. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Bullshit the game was on a Monday morning for me. Was watching it as I was getting my 2nd Covid vaccine dose so it was a lot of interrupted viewing.

All kidding aside, glad that was the only Sunday game. I think.
    Only Sunday game until Frisco (hopefully).

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To all the folks on here ripping Zeb it's been several years since he last took a meaningful snap. Plus, QB's need reps, lots of them. Trey looked pretty mediocre against UCA after sitting on a shelf for 9 months as well. He's going to need 3-4 games to get back in sync.