Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Sdsu

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Sdsu

Dave is such a bad coach

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We looked like we had no idea how to break a press or how to attack a 2-3 zone. Embarrassing finish. Lucky to get the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thin line between being swept, splitting, or doing the sweep! Would have liked some more composure by the guys, and strategy by the coach, to respond to their full court press and zone D.

Here’s to ORU winning tomorrow to potentially setting up a regular season championship series next weekend with USD.
    Last edited by land grant bison; 02-21-2021 at 02:55 AM.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ok, I mean wow that first half was awesome! After the first 5 minutes into the second not so much. I really don’t think it’s Dave’s fault. He was obviously telling them to get rid of the ball when they were pressing and the guys just wouldn’t. Should have won by a comfortable double digits.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The last five minutes when we did brake the press we struggled with the zone. Defensively we sucked late in the game. Get some stops and it nullifies the press. Just happy we hung on for the win!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Ok, I mean wow that first half was awesome! After the first 5 minutes into the second not so much. I really don’t think it’s Dave’s fault. He was obviously telling them to get rid of the ball when they were pressing and the guys just wouldn’t. Should have won by a comfortable double digits.
    But it's not even just getting rid of it, it's not catching it on a spot where you are instantly trapped. It's coaching up guys ok the bench and getting them in the game. Is putting them in a position to succeed. He didn't. He doesn't. That's the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I understand that, but you can’t catch the ball and wait for the double team. Regardless of where you are on the floor you can’t wait for the defenders to come to you. Baseline and corners are the worst but you have to move and get rid of the ball.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Being at the game and knowing Richmans style of stalling it was pretty poor coaching to not attack the press after it was broken. We would have an advantage and instead we would stall and that is richmans MO. That is always a recipe for disaster.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Obviously if we would have won last night and held our lead better tonight, I’d be feeling more confident about the team’s chances to win the SLT. As it is, I feel more like the tournament is TOTALLY wide open (minus the 7-8 seeds), and I’m feeling more like “well, might as well be us”. To me this tournament will be very similar to the moments after the #1 seed SDSU lost to #8 seed WIU and we snuck into the NCAAs when we were a SLT #4 seed...THAT tournament was totally wide open after the jacks lost that opening night. Going back tot this year and there not being a strong favorite, we can beat any team, just need to string them together.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Being at the game and knowing Richmans style of stalling it was pretty poor coaching to not attack the press after it was broken. We would have an advantage and instead we would stall and that is richmans MO. That is always a recipe for disaster.
    Yep, when you break the press you make them pay. I thought we had numbers at times but pulled it out instead of being aggressive to run clock.