Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU 2021 Pro Day

Default Re: NDSU 2021 Pro Day

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Do you mean 21.4 MPH? That would be over 1 MPH than Russell Wilson's top speed recorded in a game.
    Yes 21.4 mph..

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Yes 21.4 mph..

It would have been faster but he was running diagonally looking to turn the corner....

The 40 is for track athlete's not FB players. It's outdated with the newer technology available.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Front page of the Athletic

March 9: Trey Lance reportedly to throw only for scouts
    Trey Lance has been a fascinating and challenging prospect to scout throughout the draft process. And that task will get a bit more interesting later this week when the North Dakota State quarterback takes the field for his pro day.

Lance, per a report from the NFL Network, has elected not to run or do agility testing for scouts in North Dakota on Friday. The 20-year-old redshirt sophomore will throw at the event, but any further evaluations about Lance’s dual-threat capabilities will have to be gleaned from GPS data and what he’s put on tape.

In just 19 games as an FCS player, Lance threw for 2,947 yards, 30 touchdowns and one interception (65.4 percent completion rate), with 1,325 rushing yards and 18 scores on the ground. NFL Network reported Lance’s fastest GPS time came via a 44-yard touchdown run a year ago, when he topped out at 21.54 miles per hour. Per Next Gen Stats, that would’ve been good for the 14th-fastest ball-carrier time in the NFL last year. For context: Houston receiver Will Fuller topped out at 21.56 mph on a 40-yard touchdown last year.

The 6-foot-4, 227-pound Lance has been viewed as a first-round selection by analysts for months, though most admit the lack of a sample and Lance’s competition at NDSU makes this evaluation especially challenging. The Athletic’s Dane Brugler mocked Lance at No. 7 to Washington (via a trade) last month. Lance came in at No. 15 on Brugler’s latest top 100 big board.

IF he ran the 40 and killed it. he could maybe jump past fields and wilson and get #2 is my point.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would have loved to see his testing numbers, but something tells me he wanted to focus more on mechanics and get a head start on being ready for the NFL as opposed to training to be a track star.

Interesting decision. During a normal year at the combine there would be more pressure to run all these drills. His agents must think it's best to just skip them. For me it's a bit less interesting since he wouldn't be there with his completion shoulder to shoulder running the drills. Pro Day numbers just never seem as interesting to me personally. Zero idea how the actual scouts think about it though, that's what Trey pays is agents for.

Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson didnt run 40's I guess, so maybe that's why. but those guys weren't trying to battle out 4 other QBS in the draft like Trey is... so that's where I'm coming from
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

He's going top 15 no matter what happens. Why risk one tiny fuck up in an over hyped straight line race? Not a lot to gain there and honestly I don't think most people will care. The throwing drill is all that matters and he's doubling down on it.

Someone's going to trade into the top 10 for this kid. I'll bet Lake's bankroll on it.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

the combine is a joke anyway! I bet there wouldnt be as many misses in the draft without it!