Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: YSU Game Attendance Prediction

Default Re: YSU Game Attendance Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Wow, NDSU’s leadership really sucks, so much so that they’re able to field a team consistently good enough to beat a P5 team obviously too scared to play them. You’re going to hang up your NDSU gear and cheer for the Gophs because NDSU’s leadership sucks? Lol... aim a little higher, bro.

Seriously, I don’t give a fuck who you cheer for, but if you say something as stupid as that, I’m going to give you a piece of my mind.

I will also never understand fans who change allegiances for any reason.
    I would never change allegiance, but it is becoming pretty clear the NDSU leadership is followership right now.

If my biased memory serves-that great run in the ‘80s came to a screeching halt in 1990 do to (granted a big injury) multiple “outside factors” and how they were handled by people inside. Maybe could not be overcome and timing factors, but once NDSU had the leadership to finally make the move, things went well after a very tough sell.

Had a great run in the 10’s come to...?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    I would never change allegiance, but it is becoming pretty clear the NDSU leadership is followership right now.

If my biased memory serves-that great run in the ‘80s came to a screeching halt in 1990 do to (granted a big injury) multiple “outside factors” and how they were handled by people inside. Maybe could not be overcome and timing factors, but once NDSU had the leadership to finally make the move, things went well after a very tough sell.

You realize that NDSU football has won 5 national championships since Larsen became AD right?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

I’m not saying leadership doesn’t matter, that’s not even close to my point. Let’s be critical of our leaders with hopes that they’ll improve or change to someone better...

I’m saying I think it’s a really stupid, shitty reason to stop cheering for your team. But hey, live your life... Ski U Ma, right?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You realize that NDSU football has won 5 national championships since Larsen became AD right?
    Yes. I also realize you probably could have done it as well.

He has made good internal decisions and handled coaching transitions/hirings well- but to many those moves were pretty obvious and difficult to screw up with the momentum/dominance position the team had.

-Scheduling
    -keeping the blade sharp
    -pushing the envelope
    -keeping the culture in tact
    -DONOR/ALUMNI/FAN RELATIONS

I guess we will see. That one guy posted he was more interested in mens basketball than he had been in a while...

What's the most telling and consequential hires Larson has made so far? Entz and Collins??? What a fucking moron that guy must be huh? That woman's basketball coach was so obvious though and with the momentum of the program... how could he go wrong?

A big part of Larsen's problem is he is the man after the man. You never want to be that. You want to be the man after the man after the man.

I heard this once in regards to professional play by play announcers and how it's so difficult to follow a long time voice of a team and you're almost better off being the next guy after that.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What's the most telling and consequential hires Larson has made so far? Entz and Collins??? What a fucking moron that guy must be huh? That woman's basketball coach was so obvious though and with the momentum of the program... how could he go wrong?
    With the Entz hiring, ML was just following the blue print........what the Bison had before Collins..........Mother Teresa would have been a good hire.

Will not be attending the not because of Covid, Not because of Mask mandates, the only reason is that I have been priced out of going to games. It would be my wife and daughter and I going but I cant buy just 3 tickets. 4 tickets is a little too much for the budget right now. I will just sit at home and watch the game on TV.

Do we know if the students are factored into the 8000 attendance number???

Buddy of mine says student tickets are non social distanced and 100% sold out
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Do we know if the students are factored into the 8000 attendance number???

Buddy of mine says student tickets are non social distanced and 100% sold out
    Lol I know you’ve asked this multiple times. I still have no idea.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery