Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring football tv schedule

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Spring football tv schedule

For those who were not aware.

Game Day Television
    KVLY and the NBC North Dakota network will carry seven of the eight spring regular season football games statewide in high definition on KVLY channel 11 in Fargo and Grand Forks, KFYR channel 5 in Bismarck, KMOT channel 10 in Minot, KQCD channel 7 in Dickinson, KUMV channel 8 in Williston. Game day coverage includes a one-hour pregame show.

NDSU's game at Northern Iowa on April 10 will be the Missouri Valley Football Conference game of the week and only available for viewing with a subscription to ESPN+ through the ESPN app. ESPN+ will carry all eight NDSU games.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Spring football tv schedule

And why is NDSU basketball not trying to get the same TV deal?? Or at least the ESPN+ part.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    And why is NDSU basketball not trying to get the same TV deal?? Or at least the ESPN+ part.
    Yeah, I can find UND basketball on ESPN+ more than NDSU.

And NDSU v Youngstown isn't showing up on ESPN+ yet for me. (bah)

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, I can find UND basketball on ESPN+ more than NDSU.

And NDSU v Youngstown isn't showing up on ESPN+ yet for me. (bah)
    Nothing FCS shows up for me on ESPN+ yet either but the source was gobison.

https://gobison.com/news/2021/2/15/s...ring-2021.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    Nothing FCS shows up for me on ESPN+ yet either but the source was gobison.

https://gobison.com/news/2021/2/15/s...ring-2021.aspx
    The games aren’t even showing up on the ESPN app for score tracking. I emailed them and they said they are working on it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I would guess it's almost entirely up to production. ND NBC is already doing the production for football so it's just has to be sent to ESPN for streaming. We don't have a TV crew covering every basketball game, if we did I would be willing to bet they would all be ESPN+ since ESPN will take ANY content it can get for essentially free(which is what NDSU would give them the stream for). I'm not saying we shouldn't have a production crew but it would be up to NDSU to hire one for every game in order to get a feed to ESPN. They could do a very minimal production with one camera and a student pointing it at the action and sync the radio call. IMO that's probably not worth it because the vast majority of people would just bitch about the quality instead of being thankful for the feed.

I wonder if they could leverage football to gain more coverage in other NDSU sports. Next contract if you want to broadcast NDSU football you need to cover X amount of basketball games, 1 wrestling meet/volleyball match, etc. How valuable are NDSU football games to ratings wise to these local stations? I'd be interested to see the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU2006 View Post
    I wonder if they could leverage football to gain more coverage in other NDSU sports. Next contract if you want to broadcast NDSU football you need to cover X amount of basketball games, 1 wrestling meet/volleyball match, etc. How valuable are NDSU football games to ratings wise to these local stations? I'd be interested to see the numbers.
    I like that approach.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU2006 View Post
    NDSU had good tv coverage in 2020, it had really ramped up. The problems this year in 2021 were a short lead time, $ due to Covid, and weekend schedules.

for ndsu basketball. even putting it on a .2 channel like. KVRR Antenna TV or METV for KVLY and WDAYs .2 channdl would be better than friggen midco.
    all you would need is a digital antenna to get it (PLUS itd be on the cable/satellite stations too) so dumb to stay with midco and reach 17% of market)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?