Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender student athletes

Default Re: Transgender student athletes

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The balance is pretty easy to strike. If you have or have ever had a penis, you can only compete with the boys.

That's the only way to protect women's sports that can reasonably be applied.
    I mean that is one position. As far as a balance I'd say it's as far to one side as it can get. I'm no expert but I do know there are hormone limits that could be another method to ensure fairness that could be argued to be reasonably applied.

If a guy's sole reason for chopping his dick off and suppressing his testosterone is to beat a bunch of girls at sports, that's some level of commitment. In most cases I'd imagine it is just people quite different from me who are mostly just trying to live their life. The biology of gender is rather complex with some weird stuff happening in development, It's not surprising to me that the phycology and physiology are disassociated with a number of people. Not my place to judge them. I'm sure it is a much more difficult life than mine and I hope they are able to find happiness.

The balance is pretty easy to strike. If you have or have ever had a penis, you can only compete with the boys.

That's the only way to protect women's sports that can reasonably be applied.
    Well, if it’s a chromosome thing or a hormone thing then maybe the test should be based on your chromosomes or hormones not what your junk looks like.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Well, if it’s a chromosome thing or a hormone thing then maybe the test should be based on your chromosomes or hormones not what your junk looks like.
    I mean, the chromosome test would serve the same function so I'm good with that.

Hormones i don't like as the bar.
    College of Business Alumnus

I mean, the chromosome test would serve the same function so I'm good with that.

Hormones i don't like as the bar.
    The chromosome situation is a lot more complicated than just xx or xy so if you’re looking for a simple rule you’re probably not going to find it there. All of this is complicated and invasive and for what? The “integrity” of high school athletics?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People like Senator Judy Lee and Charlie Johnson say this could mean the end of USA Wrestling at the Fargodome and all the national youth tournaments
    Right. As I understand it, the bill is not only unnecessary from the standpoint of we don’t have precedence in the state to warrant legislation, but also because almost every sport where this could be an issue, has its own governing body that can make these types of calls, either by creating a rule to address them or by case by case basis.

Totally unnecessary law in any state, and especially ours.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Right. As I understand it, the bill is not only unnecessary from the standpoint of we don’t have precedence in the state to warrant legislation, but also because almost every sport where this could be an issue, has its own governing body that can make these types of calls, either by creating a rule to address them or by case by case basis.

Totally unnecessary law in any state, and especially ours.
    So you are saying a transgender athlete can't compete in North Dakota high school athletics?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    So you are saying a transgender athlete can't compete in North Dakota high school athletics?

That's what he is saying. There are already rules in place that govern it. It's part of the reason why there are zero transgender athletes in North Dakota and there never will.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That's what he is saying. There are already rules in place that govern it. It's part of the reason why there are zero transgender athletes in North Dakota and there never will.
    What rule?

What rule?

There are already existing bodies who govern it. I haven't read it because there has never been a trans athletes in the history of North Dakota high school sports but they handle the rules.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

What rule?

There may not be a rule currently, but if there arises an occasion to make one, they can either do that or just make an individual ruling given the situation.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery