Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender student athletes

Default Re: Transgender student athletes

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    This protects women athletes in the future. How some of you find this controversial or unnecessary is ridiculous.
    Transgenderism is a very polarizing issue. The poles also pretty closely align themselves with the current political divides. It’s an issue that has a ton of nuance and doesn’t fit well into a black and white law no matter how much either side wants to think so.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

The ladies don't need protection by our legislators. Governing athletic organizations can handle this, like the NDHSAA. If it results in a lawsuit against the NDHSAA, then so be it.

So much gov't overreach on both sides of this "issue". It's laughable to me how righties and lefties love passing laws intruding into private lives/business as long as it suits their political viewpoint.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

It's good to know participation is very clearly defined and no lawsuits will be necessary saving taxpayers money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    It's good to know participation is very clearly defined and no lawsuits will be necessary saving taxpayers money.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Yes, because the North Dakota legislature never passes laws that are guaranteed to get them sued and cost tax payers money just to score political points with their base.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

This protects women athletes in the future. How some of you find this controversial or unnecessary is ridiculous.
    It protects them from something that never happens. If you really want to protect women, do something important like criminal justice reform.

Transgender people make up a fraction of a percentage of the population. If you took every transgender person in the state that competes in athletics, you couldn't form a ping pong team. You don't have to protect people when there are already rules

But North Dakota has the lowest percentage of LGBT population in the nation. No wonder since our hick state votes on shit like wanting to define marriage.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It protects them from something that never happens. If you really want to protect women, do something important like criminal justice reform.

Transgender people make up a fraction of a percentage of the population. If you took every transgender person in the state that competes in athletics, you couldn't form a ping pong team. You don't have to protect people when there are already rules

But North Dakota has the lowest percentage of LGBT population in the nation. No wonder since our hick state votes on shit like wanting to define marriage.
    All you have to do is look at other states. Its only a matter of tome before the political diseases from those localities infect ND. Just look at the lefty wingnuts
    that have infected this venue. Its closer than you think.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    All you have to do is look at other states. Its only a matter of tome before the political diseases from those localities infect ND. Just look at the lefty wingnuts
    that have infected this venue. Its closer than you think.
    I dunno. I mean San Francisco could probably use a law like that but our population would have to increase 10x before it happens. The population of transgender people isn't going to increase since it's such a rare occurrence IMO. And if someone does happen, there are already rules.

If we have 0 athletes per 750k I'm North Dakota and 0 per 850k in South Dakota, how many more people will it take?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dunno. I mean San Francisco could probably use a law like that but our population would have to increase 10x before it happens. The population of transgender people isn't going to increase since it's such a rare occurrence IMO. And if someone does happen, there are already rules.

If we have 0 athletes per 750k I'm North Dakota and 0 per 850k in South Dakota, how many more people will it take?
    You miss the point. Look at the trends FFS.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Its a huge win for girls to be able to compete on a level playing field.
    Lol at this post...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    The ladies don't need protection by our legislators. Governing athletic organizations can handle this, like the NDHSAA. If it results in a lawsuit against the NDHSAA, then so be it.

So much gov't overreach on both sides of this "issue". It's laughable to me how righties and lefties love passing laws intruding into private lives/business as long as it suits their political viewpoint.
    I agree, no place for government deciding these things. Personally this is coming to major collegiate athletics soon and will be eye opening.