Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Transgender student athletes

Default Re: Transgender student athletes

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    What about those biological girls who are on the bubble of a college scholarship? On the bubble of playing time? On the bubble of making the team? Who all of a sudden are knocked down one rung to someone who is at a biological physical advantage to them?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Valid concerns. Would hope the athletic governing bodies would consider those in any decisions they would make.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I don't think the state legislators are getting into ncaa matters. These are parameters getting set up for publicly funded athletic events for k-12.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The k12 will impact all the tournaments including the USA Wrestling National Championship the Fargodome that cities have been trying to steal from us for a decade. It's a huge economic driver

The NCAA will look at this as well. With South Dakota passing their dumb state law, the NCAA could say that South Dakota can't host it. Lots of politics involved. The NCAA is a left leaning organization. I bet Fargo could steal it if our bill doesn't pass.

Heck the NCAA could theoretically say we can't host playoff games, the softball tournament and any NCAA tournament

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The k12 will impact all the tournaments including the USA Wrestling National Championship the Fargodome that cities have been trying to steal from us for a decade. It's a huge economic driver

The NCAA will look at this as well. With South Dakota passing their dumb state law, the NCAA could say that South Dakota can't host it. Lots of politics involved. The NCAA is a left leaning organization. I bet Fargo could steal it if our bill doesn't pass.

Heck the NCAA could theoretically say we can't host playoff games, the softball tournament and any NCAA tournament
    And all for politically conservative virtue signaling. What a waste.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Focusing on the K-12 part seems misguided. The bill itself doesn't even mention K-12.

USA wrestling hasn't said anything regarding it as far as I have seen. But it appears that their policy could clash a bit.

They will allow girls to wrestle against the boys. They will let boys wrestle against the girls until "puberty", and in the event of a transition from boy to girl, must wrestle boys for at least four years, AND have hormones at specific levels.

Based off of this, if the state is going to pass a law, it should mimic that standard. That way you keep the tourney and essentially block boys from competing against girls.

Or you tailor the language to apply to North Dakota high school athletics to avoid running afoul of USA wrestling or the NCAA.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Focusing on the K-12 part seems misguided. The bill itself doesn't even mention K-12.

USA wrestling hasn't said anything regarding it as far as I have seen. But it appears that their policy could clash a bit.

They will allow girls to wrestle against the boys. They will let boys wrestle against the girls until "puberty", and in the event of a transition from boy to girl, must wrestle boys for at least four years, AND have hormones at specific levels.

Based off of this, if the state is going to pass a law, it should mimic that standard. That way you keep the tourney and essentially block boys from competing against girls.

Or you tailor the language to apply to North Dakota high school athletics to avoid running afoul of USA wrestling or the NCAA.
    Or, you know, just not pass a law that is not needed since there are rules and governing bodies already in place. I feel like someone said this already... hmmm...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-...-their-1563790

An attorney might argue that NCAA rules regarding hormone therapy are in contradiction to how title IX should be interpreted per the executive order. Would NCAA rules hold up in court compared to this order?

Perhaps NDSU coaches should be recruiting to this so as not to fall behind/get ahead and challenge the NCAA if questioned.

Hey kid- wanna scholarship and to play ball against people who identify as women?

Be interesting if could play way onto the “identify as men”’s team if wanted to change the way they identify.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

A better choice is to not taylor a law for something that does not exist in the history of our state. Especially one that could cost us up to 20k visitors. The USA wrestling at the dome is 8-10k people from out of town. The youth hockey is up to 12k. That's 20k people or the population of Jamestown and Valley City combined

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...-free-n1263879

Looks like ND and Texas may want to get some laws on the books for tolerance of Transgender Athletes even if it hasn’t and will never be an issue if they want to host events.

May impact Frisco. Might be time to embrace so NDSU “women’s” programs don’t fall behind! Yes i realize using the term women is incendiary.

This is just dumb. The legislature sucks. No transgender athletes even though there are none. Accessory to murder for driving someone to an abortion clinic. 10 commandments at schools. No weed but Sunday Liquor sales are awesome. Mandate by law the Boys Scouts have to have access to schools. Can't allow people to vote on sports gambling. Gotta make sure hemp is regulated. Ban mask mandates. Can't smoke a cigar in a cigar bar. I'm surprised they supported Juneteenth. Maybe they resurrect the Indian Removal Act

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is just dumb. The legislature sucks. No transgender athletes even though there are none. Accessory to murder for driving someone to an abortion clinic. 10 commandments at schools. No weed but Sunday Liquor sales are awesome. Mandate by law the Boys Scouts have to have access to schools. Can't allow people to vote on sports gambling. Gotta make sure hemp is regulated. Ban mask mandates. Can't smoke a cigar in a cigar bar. I'm surprised they supported Juneteenth. Maybe they resurrect the Indian Removal Act
    I'm really getting to the point where I no longer want to click on bisonville threads that involve any kind of current issue or event. The same half dozen or so activist posters show up to shit in every one of them and it makes the board almost unreadable.