Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transgender student athletes

Default Re: Transgender student athletes

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You miss the point. Look at the trends FFS.
    What you are meaning is extrapolation of isolated incidents
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I dunno. I mean San Francisco could probably use a law like that but our population would have to increase 10x before it happens. The population of transgender people isn't going to increase since it's such a rare occurrence IMO. And if someone does happen, there are already rules.

If we have 0 athletes per 750k I'm North Dakota and 0 per 850k in South Dakota, how many more people will it take?
    Do they need it? Idk. But these laws serve multiple purposes. Doesn't make people backwards hicks or big city commies.

1. It's a message to the Feds, other states, etc. that this is where the state stands. North Dakota and others likely are agitating to get this stuff to the Supreme Court.

2. You can make laws in anticipation of an act being done. The idea of "oh this very new development has not happened here so it will never happen here" is shitty logic.

Connecticut has 3.5 million people. Far from some huge population. Had two guys run track with the girls and win several championships.Texas had some boy participating in girls wrestling. This shit has gone on around the world the past several years.

If Unforeseen Notable Event A occurs in State 1. State 2-50 can make a law regarding the same or similar conduct. If something crazy happens in Moorhead, should North Dakota ignore it because it happened in a different state? Frequency is a consideration when adopting laws and rules, but so is conduct/behavior.

Conclusion - ND probably doesn't need the law. We usually do a great job of bullying and shaming people into compliance.

But...sometimes people do dumb shit like let men play against women. I can't say I blame the state legislature for legislating here. Opponents would be the first ones bitching "this shit has been in the news for years. So typical for ND to get caught with our pants down."
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What you are meaning is extrapolation of isolated incidents
    What trends are you talking about?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Do they need it? Idk. But these laws serve multiple purposes. Doesn't make people backwards hicks or big city commies.

1. It's a message to the Feds, other states, etc. that this is where the state stands. North Dakota and others likely are agitating to get this stuff to the Supreme Court.

2. You can make laws in anticipation of an act being done. The idea of "oh this very new development has not happened here so it will never happen here" is shitty logic.

Connecticut has 3.5 million people. Far from some huge population. Had two guys run track with the girls and win several championships.Texas had some boy participating in girls wrestling. This shit has gone on around the world the past several years.

If Unforeseen Notable Event A occurs in State 1. State 2-50 can make a law regarding the same or similar conduct. If something crazy happens in Moorhead, should North Dakota ignore it because it happened in a different state? Frequency is a consideration when adopting laws and rules, but so is conduct/behavior.

Conclusion - ND probably doesn't need the law. We usually do a great job of bullying and shaming people into compliance.

But...sometimes people do dumb shit like let men play against women. I can't say I blame the state legislature for legislating here. Opponents would be the first ones bitching "this shit has been in the news for years. So typical for ND to get caught with our pants down."
    In the end it won't matter. Judicial fiat will decide this like every issue in last 50 years.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    In the end it won't matter. Judicial fiat will decide this like every issue in last 50 years.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    No, I don't think so. We actually have justices that interpret laws instead of making them at this time. This is not covered in the constitution, and the constitution is not a living, breathing document. Thus, this is a state rights issue as it should be.

I get the biggest kick out of those who claim to want to "embrace science" yet ignore this issue. A y chromosome gives you and advantage; that is science. And it has been a problem in other states so it is not a "made up" issue. We also just passed a ban in South Dakota. This is the kind of crap where states have to put their foot down and not let the liberal elite redefine facts and reality.

People like Senator Judy Lee and Charlie Johnson say this could mean the end of USA Wrestling at the Fargodome and all the national youth tournaments

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    No, I don't think so. We actually have justices that interpret laws instead of making them at this time. This is not covered in the constitution, and the constitution is not a living, breathing document. Thus, this is a state rights issue as it should be.

I get the biggest kick out of those who claim to want to "embrace science" yet ignore this issue. A y chromosome gives you and advantage; that is science. And it has been a problem in other states so it is not a "made up" issue. We also just passed a ban in South Dakota. This is the kind of crap where states have to put their foot down and not let the liberal elite redefine facts and reality.
    You can embrace science and nuanced social legislation at the same time.

This Bill is neither of those things.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

I think this is hard to deny. I can also appreciate that gender identify is a real thing. Seems strange to me since I don't have any personal experience but I don't doubt those who do. The choice for society is to find a balance in our systems for this group of people, or ignore their attempts to live as they are in our society.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think this is hard to deny. I can also appreciate that gender identify is a real thing. Seems strange to me since I don't have any personal experience but I don't doubt those who do. The choice for society is to find a balance in our systems for this group of people, or ignore their attempts to live as they are in our society.
    The balance is pretty easy to strike. If you have or have ever had a penis, you can only compete with the boys.

That's the only way to protect women's sports that can reasonably be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    People like Senator Judy Lee and Charlie Johnson say this could mean the end of USA Wrestling at the Fargodome and all the national youth tournaments
    Opponents of legislation will always claim these sorts of things. I'd be curious to know if they are just pulling it out of their ass or not.

I am not too familiar with USA Wrestling's decision making,, but wrestling is a pretty conservative sport and Fargo apparently does a very good job putting on the tourney.

Regardless, polling shows that there is very broad support for barring trans men from competing against women, even like 40% of Dems support these policies.