Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs ____ @ US BANK

Default Re: NDSU vs ____ @ US BANK

Why should anyone schedule an event in downtown Minneapolis after they defunded police? I won't go back there until the morons in their city council are replaced and the police fully funded. As for the game itself it was a one time thing and the novelty has worn off. Rather go watch a game against an FBS team in a real college town. Minneapolis sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why should anyone schedule an event in downtown Minneapolis after they defunded police? I won't go back there until the morons in their city council are replaced and the police fully funded. As for the game itself it was a one time thing and the novelty has worn off. Rather go watch a game against an FBS team in a real college town. Minneapolis sucks!
    Because they didn’t defund the police.

They moved $7.7 million of crime prevention initiatives out of the police department to other agencies while retaining 100% of the officer positions within the PD.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Because they didn’t defund the police.

They moved $7.7 million of crime prevention initiatives out of the police department to other agencies while retaining 100% of the officer positions within the PD.
    From the same article you are likely summarizing from: "The council tried to "defund" the police over the summer, but their effort to put a referendum on the November ballot was blocked by the city's Charter Commission". The council also kept the current staffing budget only because the mayor stated he would veto any other level. From StarTribune on 2/4: Minneapolis has about 200 fewer police officers available to work as the city tries to rebound from a violent year and prepare for more potential unrest.

You can budget all you want, but if you create a hostile enough work environment where the majority feel they can't do their jobs successfully, the council is achieving the same goal as "defunding".

I live in an inner ring suburb of Minneapolis and I no longer go in Minneapolis unless necessary. I also witnessed first hand all the damage done last summer. Will have the same effect on Minneapolis as the '67 Detroit riots...already is trending that way.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    From the same article you are likely summarizing from: "The council tried to "defund" the police over the summer, but their effort to put a referendum on the November ballot was blocked by the city's Charter Commission". The council also kept the current staffing budget only because the mayor stated he would veto any other level. From StarTribune on 2/4: Minneapolis has about 200 fewer police officers available to work as the city tries to rebound from a violent year and prepare for more potential unrest.

You can budget all you want, but if you create a hostile enough work environment where the majority feel they can't do their jobs successfully, the council is achieving the same goal as "defunding".

I live in an inner ring suburb of Minneapolis and I no longer go in Minneapolis unless necessary. I also witnessed first hand all the damage done last summer. Will have the same effect on Minneapolis as the '67 Detroit riots...already is trending that way.
    Guess what they want to do now????

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...icers-75875382
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How does NDSU vs EWU in 2023 sound?

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...djcV_o.twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post

If they still have a football team by then, that sounds great!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

but but all of you said ST THOMAS... derp derp. shocking that mcfucknuts is wrong

I'd rather have a FBS game, EWU is somewhat interesting, but ONLY if there's a public confession by Bill Fette and handing over of that Natty Trophy.....

then right before kick off show the Goalline fumble on the big screens to rile up the crowd.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think having a team from so far away will finally show us how many fans we actually have, I doubt enough to fill US Bank stadium.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can't imagine EWU will bring much in terms of attendance for the game.

Sounds better than trying to politicize a thread about the Bison football team playing a game in another city!!!!

And also yes playing a team like EWU would be a pretty big get imo for a game like this and especially interesting they would do it being so far away. My guess is that we can give them a fairly decent guarantee and they still get their FBS game too. We know they need $$$$