Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs ____ @ US BANK

Default Re: NDSU vs ____ @ US BANK

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    You aren't going to an NDSU game in US Bank Stadium because you're afraid of a neighborhood where hundreds of thousands work and live, and admit this publicly?
    It'll be alright. Just give em a shot of chrome and he'll be good to go.

Don’t see a conference game ever being there. Would any school give up a home conference game to play at a neutral site? Not a chance, not even NDSU. Outside of St Thomas, no FCS team is going to bring a huge crowd anyway. This is going to be a Bison home game: so embrace it and pack the place.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Don’t see a conference game ever being there. Would any school give up a home conference game to play at a neutral site? Not a chance, not even NDSU. Outside of St Thomas, no FCS team is going to bring a huge crowd anyway. This is going to be a Bison home game: so embrace it and pack the place.
    That's why I suggested making it every three years. Home away bank. Repeat split the ticket 70-30

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I am on the bandwagon of getting another local FCS team to help out with the attendance. We need to make this a huge attendance game.

If we can say we sold 30K tickets to baseball game what if we can get 45-50K for the Vikings Stadium game. That is a lot of additional revenue for all our programs.

Eastern Washington would bring 1000 fans maybe. How many fans would each team bring?

Saint Thomas would bring 15K
    SDSU 10K
    USD 5 to 10K
    UNI 5 to 10K
    UND 10K - North Dakota natives would be interested that live in area.

Lets remember a few items:

1. The road teams also have to be willing to do a game in Minneapolis. In the past, when teams in other conferences that have moved their home conference game to neutral sites, the conference and the road team has to sign off on the switch (the road team may incur added travel costs). Indiana moved their home game versus Penn State to Fed Ex Field about 10 years ago, and the Big Ten had to give them the stamp of approval.

2. Many teams do not want to play NDSU at the Fargodome with 19k fans at all, and I can assume that there are even fewer that would want to platy in front of potentially 45,000 fans.

3. There are not many "local" FCS options for a game in Minneapolis to help increase attendance.

4. Most HBCU teams that play in neutral site games want to play against other HBCU teams - not a team from half way across the country, and a team that there is no shared history with.

5. If this is opening weekend, it could get potential television consideration.

6. Minneapolis gets a fair number of flights from the Pacific Northwest, so there will be direct flight options for fans of Eastern Washington that may want to attend the game.

7. This could be an opportunity to see how much NDSU can fill up a major capacity stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm all for moving the UND games from el forke to Minneapolis. I mean literally every fucking one of them. I'd much rather drive 4 hours and risk dying in the streets of downtown Minneapolis then driving 70 miles to that shit hole up north!
    BOOM!! Mic f'n drop bitches!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We did this once, it was fun. Once was enough for the next 10 years.

I would buy tickets to see NDSU play anyone (even Butler) at US Bank.
    It's OK to not be OK.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why should anyone schedule an event in downtown Minneapolis after they defunded police? I won't go back there until the morons in their city council are replaced and the police fully funded. As for the game itself it was a one time thing and the novelty has worn off. Rather go watch a game against an FBS team in a real college town. Minneapolis sucks!
    And you will be the first one complaining about something not being good enough while you are there watching the game. 2nd verse same as the first.
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I would buy tickets to see NDSU play anyone (even Butler) at US Bank.
    Yeah, I'd much rather go to a game at US Bank than the Twins stadium - and I thought the Butler game was a blast.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why not mention it. Lack of police and BLM / Antifa thugs run free in Minneapolis. Typical of your political background to cancel conversations just because YOU believe inappropriate. The crime in Minneapolis and understaffed police force would definitely keep fans away. Stupid to even consider a game there now.
    Oh know, the criminal police forces didn't repress your opponent hard enough.

cry about it, coward
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.