Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs ____ @ US BANK

Default Re: NDSU vs ____ @ US BANK

saw it on facebook and it said "5 hours ago" oh well he's wrong not St Thomas.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I can't see too many P5 teams looking for a road/neutral site game with an FCS opponent. Maybe someone from the G5 like App. State, Georgia Southern, Central Florida. etc.?
    It's OK to not be OK.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The time stamp from his article says yesterday at 8am?
    Don't want to let facts get in the way of a good rant.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I can't see too many P5 teams looking for a road/neutral site game with an FCS opponent. Maybe someone from the G5 like App. State, Georgia Southern, Central Florida. etc.?
    yea, I know. Dangit. I'm mentally preparing for USD. They need a shot in arm for their program.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Get Jackson State. Prime Time in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking this earlier, after I saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p8H...hannel=RJYoung
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I was thinking this earlier, after I saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p8H...hannel=RJYoung
    I know I'm going to sound like UNI fans from back in the day but my response to all of that is ... prove it. Having a bunch of supposedly highly rated players and getting a bunch of FBS transfers means next to nothing unless you can get them to play as a team and we know nothing about Prime Time as a head coach.

Was a fun watch though.

As much as people might not like it, St Thomas would be the obvious choice. Sure, they are a shitty Pioneer League team; but so was Butler. It would be more about the experience then the game, much like Target Field. No big time FCS opponent would make sense as they would not bring the number of fans needed. Sure, JMU would be awesome, but they arent traveling to MSP in September for a game. UNI would be great, good middle meeting ground for fans to go; but would either school willing to give up a home game? St Thomas is a transitioning FCS program looking for games. They had 38,000 at their Target Field game. Their fan base would be even more likely to attend now that they are DI and playing the FCS alpha dog NDSU. Their would be 40,000+ for sure. With no FBS calling for a game, this would be awesome!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Whoever they might schedule would be awesome... I don't care -- a game in Minneapolis is a party -- plus, I like the idea of potentially out drawing the goofs the same weekend

Your best bet for an FBS team might be a Wyoming or Western MAC team that is trying to recruit the Twin Cities.

For a similar reason you may get interest from a Montana St, Montana, Northern Colorado?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

It WILL NOT be an FBS team, lol. We cant get any FBS to return an email so shut up with any mentions of FBS teams. Of course that would be awesome. aint happening.

We did pioneer team last time. Get real comfortable with St Thomas. They already like these games, they want more exposure, they actually have fans, theyre right in town- Its going to be St thomas.
    You cant say playing butler was aWsOmE but then St. Thomas, who would wipe the floor with butler anytime in the past decade, would be disappointing? a game in Minneapolis is awesome.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS