Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GSUsTALON -Sorry I'm late. but cut cungrats on you 2020 National Championship win!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Exclamation GSUsTALON -Sorry I'm late. butt cungrats on you 2020 National Championship win!

TALON -I will have to say that NDSU is the GREATIST FCS team to play the game so far. NDSU has the best playoff % rate in FCS and the most National Championships in FCS GSU played for 8 FCS national Championships but only won 6. If you had watched the @ NCs GSU had lost you would have scratched your head. Still you dominated FCS frfom the get go and dominated the devion like no other team.

Your now a legacy team that appears to be unstopable for years to come! I just dont see any FCS team even close to you in the future! Your just that dominent!!!!! GSU had great seasons under 2 great coaches- Erk Russel and {aul Jonson. NDSU was great in 1aa and dominated FCS as soon as you arive. (UNBELEAVABLE!) I've got a beer in my hand and I am toasting your past and futre success! I've never seen amything like it!!! I do wish some other team besides JMU could play you in the NC not that it would make any difference.

2020 NCAA Division I Football Championship
    FCS National Championship Game

James Madison Dukes North Dakota State Bison
    JM(14–1) NDSU(15–0)
    CAA MVFC
    JM 20 - NDSU 28

Date January 11, 2020
    Season 2019
    Stadium Toyota Stadium
    Location Frisco, Texas
    MVP Trey Lance (QB, North Dakota State)
    Favorite James Madison by 2[2]
    Referee Kelly Holman (Big Sky)
    Attendance 17,866
    Network ABC
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 02-07-2021 at 02:08 AM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Default Re: GSUsTALON -Sorry I'm late. but cut cungrats on you 2020 National Championship win

MAYBE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR GSUs GUN OPTION WITH NEW OC

My hope is that RUSE can turn around our Gun Option and get the states and scores on offense that he did in 2014 and 2015. Still I believe that he will have to bring in a new offensive line coach. I hope the AD and Head Coach both alow him to pick the staff that he needs to suit his ideas on how to make the Gun Option work at its optimom! If that happens then I will stop B!t@hing about the FLEX OPTION!!!! ;-)

Doug Ruse short bio -

Ruse came to Statesboro in 2014 after serving for the previous two seasons at Sam Houston State as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, the same position he filled at Georgia Southern.

**((In two years in Statesboro, Ruse’s offense averaged 37.7 points per game and led the FBS in rushing both seasons. In his debut season with the Eagles, Georgia Southern won the Sun Belt title with an 8-0 record and the Eagles won their first bowl game in 2015, the GoDaddy Bowl.))**

In 2014, Ruse had three first-team All-Sun Belt Conference honorees in Matt Breida (RB), Manrey Saint-Amour (OL) and Garrett Frye (OL), along with second-team honoree Kevin Ellison (QB). In 2015, Breida was again named first-team all-conference after leading the nation yards in yards per carry, as was offensive lineman Darien Foreman.

In Ruse’s first of two seasons at Sam Houston State, the Bearkats ranked among the top 10 in the 2012 FCS national rankings in four major offensive statistics and Ruse was a finalist for FCS Coordinator of the Year Award. Sam Houston State was the only NCAA FCS team to average more than 40 points a game in both of the those years and became in 2012 only the third team in NCAA FCS history to score 600 points in a single season.

Over his two seasons at SHSU, the Bearkats racked up 50 or more points in a game on 11 occasions, showcasing an offense that dominated opponents. Ruse’s offense in 2012 also produced school records with 6,878 yards of total offense yards and an average of 268.3 rushing yards per game en route to a Southland Conference title, an 11-4 record and NCAA FCS finals appearance.AY BE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR GEORGIA SOUTHERN WITH A NEW OC TAKING OVER THE GUN OPTION.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Default Re: GSUsTALON -Sorry I'm late. but cut cungrats on you 2020 National Championship win

GSU MAY GET A NEW BASKETBALL STADIUM THAT HOLDS 6k. I personally don't see it happening anytime soon because of what the state owes for coved.

ATLANTA – The University System of Georgia is proposing an ambitious list of building projects for the next fiscal year, despite the state’s tight budget constraints.

The system’s Board of Regents on Tuesday approved a fiscal 2022 capital budget request of $266.9 million, including $137 million for eight major construction projects on campuses across Georgia.

The General Assembly set aside $182.5 million for the university system in the state’s $1.13 billion bond package for fiscal 2021, which began last month.

The list of major projects the regents are seeking for the next fiscal year includes:

***$36.7 million for a convocation center at Georgia Southern University in Statesboro.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It's been over 8 years since our two programs have played. In addition, your program has moved on from the FCS, leaving no real useful reason for the programs to seek validation from one another.

Maybe it's just me but I think it is super weird that you keep coming here, starting a new thread for giving us a stroke and then trying to impress us with news of your program. You're like Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused...still hanging on to some old glory days that have very little relevance today. I know that I shouldn't have opened this thread but for some sick reason, I couldn't help myself again.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    It's been over 8 years since our two programs have played. In addition, your program has moved on from the FCS, leaving no real useful reason for the programs to seek validation from one another.

Maybe it's just me but I think it is super weird that you keep coming here, starting a new thread for giving us a stroke and then trying to impress us with news of your program. You're like Matthew McConaughey in Dazed and Confused...still hanging on to some old glory days that have very little relevance today. I know that I shouldn't have opened this thread but for some sick reason, I couldn't help myself again.
    Agree. Although I see the good-natured intentions of Talon, it’s weird and I have no fucking clue what the hell is going on here.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

So that means a fan from another team can't support or admire another teams record but his own? HOW OBTUSE and that is being nice.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Agree. Although I see the good-natured intentions of Talon, it’s weird and I have no fucking clue what the hell is going on here.
    How about the admiration from a fan who's team use to dominate fcs but now must face the fact that we are now 2nd.

Geeez' you guys are paranoid of a fan from another team giving you a thumbs up. I think I have congratulated the Bison every year that you have won the NC. I pull for a lot of different teams that don't play GSU!

By the way I hope non of you will be watching the Super Bowl and choosing a team. I mean the Bison weren't playing. That would be pulling for another team For GOD's sake. I hope you didn't pull for any of the final 4 in the FBS playoffs because non of those teams were the Bison's!!!

Talon, you just have a weird way of showing your weird affection, is all.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Talon, you just have a weird way of showing your weird affection, is all.

"Weird Way"- Sorry you feel that way after NDSU deserved the win.

I give the Bison a thumbs up for their 8th NC and that's "WEIRD AFFECTION"??

I know ALL the FCS teams come over and congratulate you on your 8th! No FCS or FBS team came over and gave GSU a congrats when GSU won our 6th NC!

I guess you guys have become stone and don't appreciate a congrats from another fan from another team. I guess that what happens when you are the dominate team in your division You just don't care if others that are not NDSU alums give you a congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 FREEKY RIGHT!
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 02-07-2021 at 02:52 AM.