Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: GSUsTALON -Sorry I'm late. but cut cungrats on you 2020 National Championship win!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: GSUsTALON -Sorry I'm late. but cut cungrats on you 2020 National Championship win

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Are you under the impression that people in North Dakota don't like to watch other football games?
    Yes I am.,,,

Lardsin must go!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GSUsTALON -Sorry I'm late. but cut cungrats on you 2020 National Championship win

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Are you under the impression that people in North Dakota don't like to watch other football games?
    Seems like some don't!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

I did find the SBNATION post about conference realignment interesting because they did mention the Bison in it on Page 7, post 67 of my post.
    I know the Bison fans would Poo Poo it but posted it any way.

*( In no way am I saying that NDSU should make the move to G5 FBS. I know you love the playoffs. Still one of these conferences may come calling if their bottom tear programs cant make it and drop to FCS)*

I THINK THAT THIS IS WHAT NDSU WOULD RATHER HAVE. A MORE COMPETITIVE FCS! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*(( IF 20 of the bottom tear G5 teams drop to FBS it might make it more competitive for NDSU and I think that's what you really want. A more competitive FCS!))* ^^^^^^^

MAC before realignment
    https://img0.etsystatic.com/101/0/80...62256_2ath.jpg

Mountain West before realignment
    https://img1.etsystatic.com/101/0/80...38141_e2x4.jpg
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 02-11-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Strange, no reply for or against

I THINK THAT THIS IS WHAT NDSU WOULD RATHER HAVE. A MORE COMPETITIVE FCS! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

*(( IF 20 of the bottom tear G5 teams drop to FBS it might make it more competitive for NDSU and I think that's what you really want. A more competitive FCS!))* ^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Strange, no reply for or against

The reason why is because we have been debating this topic from every angle for the last 5 years.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

FROM SBNNATION Sports News

Mid Western teams and NDSU figures in

The Midwestern schools could reshuffle, too.
    If we’re just using attendance as a benchmark, the entire MAC could drop to FCS. But that isn’t fair, as the MAC’s TV-focused strategy (with games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights) has to depress turnout. If MAC teams played all their games on Saturdays, then Toledo, NIU, and WMU would sell more tickets.
    But the MAC’s situation has gotten worse. The state of Ohio no longer produces the same volume of FBS-caliber recruits like it did in the 1960s. The Rust Belt is losing population relative to the Sun Belt and West, sapping potential support for smaller schools. Building fan bases in the shadows of Big Ten programs might only get harder.

***NDSU figures in to conference re alignment***
    One idea: three of the 12-team MAC’s lowest-revenue programs — Kent State, Ball State, and Eastern Michigan — keep their MAC membership in other sports, but play football in the Missouri Valley. To get back to 10 football schools, the MAC could try to woo FCS power **((North Dakota State.))!! If the Bison don’t want to come, maybe ask UMass to come back.

FULL ARTICAL

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ship-leave-fcs
    I did find the SBNATION post about conference realignment interesting because they did mention the Bison in it on Page 7, post 67 of my post.
    I know the Bison fans would Poo Poo it but posted it any way.

*( In no way am I saying that NDSU should make the move to G5 FBS. I know you love the playoffs. Still one of these conferences may come calling if their bottom tear programs cant make it and drop to FCS)*

MAC before realignment
    https://img0.etsystatic.com/101/0/80...62256_2ath.jpg

Mountain West before realignment
    https://img1.etsystatic.com/101/0/80...38141_e2x4.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    The reason why is because we have been debating this topic from every angle for the last 5 years.
    I know you have. That's why I think that NDSU would like a higher level of competition in FCS. If 20 G5 teams moved down to FCS that would help restore FCS competition. At this time NDSU has NO COMPITITION in FCS!