Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    BAHAHA #1 with a BULLET. cmon man.

Although the 2013 AssKicking at TCF vs Minnesota was awesome, as was beating #13 Iowa.
    The win over Minnesota at TCF was in 2011.

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    The win over Minnesota at TCF was in 2011.

Dewey
    This is correct and we literally just talked about this.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is correct and we literally just talked about this.
    sorry. MWILL was da MAN
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sorry. MWILL was da MAN
    Much truth to this statement.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He was our Deion Sanders. Hard to be an electric defensive player but his sophomore year on you just had anticipation at any point he was going to do something.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

September 17th, 2016: North Dakota State @ Iowa

Coming into the game everyone knew this was a different level of FBS opponent the Bison were about to face. It wasn't a one win team like the Kansas or Minnesota teams they beat were and it wasn't a team searching to replace major contributors like K-State was. It was a complete team coming off an 11 win Rose Bowl season the previous year returning plenty of that team and was ranked 11th in the FBS Coaches Poll and 13th in the AP poll at the time. The Hawkeyes knew they were in for a dog fight early when Bison LB Pierre Gee-Tucker hit QB CJ Beathard late in the 1st quarter sending a wounded duck pass sailing into the arms of MJ Stumpf who returned it for a TD and a 7-0 Bison lead. Iowa fought back to take control of the game but NDSU scored a TD to cut the Hawkeye lead to 21-20 with 3:41 to play and Chris Klieman decided to go for 2 and the lead. They didn't convert it but Iowa went conservative on the ensuing drive up 1 and the NDSU defense got the stop they needed. Easton Stick and the Bison offense drove it down into FG range and with 5 second left Cam Pederson kicked perhaps the biggest FG in NDSU football history to secure a 23-21 win. To add to the impressiveness of the win the Bison outgained the Hawkeyes on the ground 239-24 and held Iowa to -9 yards of total offense in the 4th quarter while racking up 126 themselves. With the win the top ranked Bison moved to 3-0 on the 2016 season and set a record for an FCS team garnering 74 points (which tied for #27) in the next day's FBS AP Poll release.

Game highlights:

Game box score: https://gobison.com/sports/football/.../boxscore/6600

Game recap: https://gobison.com/news/2016/9/17/f...oal-23-21.aspx

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...T-NDSU-vs-Iowa

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F732MBP-drs

The full list of games with links is in the first page of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

September 17th, 2016: North Dakota State @ Iowa

Coming into the game everyone knew this was a different level of FBS opponent the Bison were about to face. It wasn't a one win team like the Kansas or Minnesota teams they beat were and it wasn't a team searching to replace major contributors like K-State was. It was a complete team coming off an 11 win Rose Bowl season the previous year returning plenty of that team and was ranked 11th in the FBS Coaches Poll and 13th in the AP poll at the time. The Hawkeyes knew they were in for a dog fight early when Bison LB Pierre Gee-Tucker hit QB CJ Beathard late in the 1st quarter sending a wounded duck pass sailing into the arms of MJ Stumpf who returned it for a TD and a 7-0 Bison lead. Iowa fought back to take control of the game but NDSU scored a TD to cut the Hawkeye lead to 21-20 with 3:41 to play and Chris Klieman decided to go for 2 and the lead. They didn't convert it but Iowa went conservative on the ensuing drive up 1 and the NDSU defense got the stop they needed. Easton Stick and the Bison offense drove it down into FG range and with 5 second left Cam Pederson kicked perhaps the biggest FG in NDSU football history to secure a 23-21 win. To add to the impressiveness of the win the Bison outgained the Hawkeyes on the ground 239-24 and held Iowa to -9 yards of total offense in the 4th quarter while racking up 126 themselves. With the win the top ranked Bison moved to 3-0 on the 2016 season and set a record for an FCS team garnering 74 points (which tied for #27) in the next day's FBS AP Poll release.
    For the reasons stated above, this is my favorite, and #1 in my opinion.

Going for 2 and not making it was a key play in the game, who knows what Iowa does if they’re down a point with the ball...

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    For the reasons stated above, this is my favorite, and #1 in my opinion.
    Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I feel like, as weird as it is to say, that this game is kind of underrated in Bison football lore since it came in the only season since 2010 that they didn't win a national title. I mean a walk-off FG to beat a top 15 FBS team on the road in a place the home team rarely loses at and had never lost to an FCS team before is just bananas when you think about it. I almost regret not putting it higher.

And I know others were more confident but I was not all that confident going into this one. The 2016 season had kind of a shaky start with two OT wins at home and the defense getting absolutely shredded in the previous game by Gage Gubrud and EWU. My head told me it was going to be a 35-17 type Hawkeye win... really glad I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I feel like, as weird as it is to say, that this game is kind of underrated in Bison football lore since it came in the only season since 2010 that they didn't win a national title. I mean a walk-off FG to beat a top 15 FBS team on the road in a place the home team rarely loses at and had never lost to an FCS team before is just bananas when you think about it. I almost regret not putting it higher.

And I know others were more confident but I was not all that confident going into this one. The 2016 season had kind of a shaky start with two OT wins at home and the defense getting absolutely shredded in the previous game by Gage Gubrud and EWU. My head told me it was going to be a 35-17 type Hawkeye win... really glad I was wrong.
    Yep. I was never confident for the K State or Iowa game... even heading into the final minutes. More confident for the K State since it was the opener and we had a ton of returning experience... but those two OT clunkers preceding the Iowa game did not help my lack of confidence.

I’m still a little embarrassed by how loudly I lost my shit at Bdubs in Champlin when the field goal went through...