Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I have the hi-res original of the photo used on this page on my laptop.

Ha! I literally was just trying to dig up that photo... you beat me to it.

I remember when the Montana win was considered the first or second biggest win in Bison football history (depending on where the first national championship v Grambling was ranked.)

I couldn't find the threads where we ranked biggest wins by the football program but did find this: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...letics-history

I do think the Miracle in Montana would crack my top 10 at least, maybe even top 5...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Someone email Mcfeely to tell him that the AAC makes more sense. I want to hear what Orlando sports radio thinks about it. Get on it Mike we'll all watch that podcast.

If the AAC was on the table, a chance to get into a nationally prominent conference every week would be huge for visibility, and a heck of an amenity.

Imagine hosting a late season game with undefeated UCF, broadcast on ESPN in primetime and the fans blowing the roof off. NDSU would have contended the last four years in the AAC, might have been the favorite this year. It's the promised land, a conference in which NDSU can contend regularly while still having a plausible path to the playoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I do think the Miracle in Montana would crack my top 10 at least, maybe even top 5...
    Just noticed that "in the DI era" qualifier. We were D2 that year so that's a good reason to leave it off... but it was also the first game against a DI opponent after NDSU announced the DI move. So the Professor is probably right that it is more of an honorable mention deal.

Looking forward to the inevitable Chapo blow up if a UND game makes the list.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Why would anyone put a UNDerwear game on a top 10 list? ……...unless you're being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    There’s only 3 D1 era UN_ matchups and none of them were exceptional (as expected), so I’m not worried.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    There’s only 3 D1 era UN_ matchups and none of them were exceptional (as expected), so I’m not worried.
    Don't look now but they have a greatest playoff loss thread going over there.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, this season isn't ideal playing in February/March/April instead of September/October/November but it looks like it's going to happen *knockonwood* and IMO that's the important thing. I think many of us are having a hard time getting pumped up for Bison football in February when we're used to just finishing a long season of cheering for our favorite college team.

Not everyone shares the feeling right now it seems but I miss Bison football. We had that little taste of it last October but, honestly, it didn't feel like a real game. That means as of today we're now 413 days since Jimmy Football picked off Dinucci down in Frisco to secure NDSU's 8th FCS championship in 9 years (and let's be honest there have been a lot of long days in that time).

So... in an effort to generate a little excitement for this spring season I wanted to take a look back at some of the great memories we've been able to make as Bison football fans in the last 15 years. Since as of today we're 25 days away from the kickoff for the YSU game on 2/21 I put together a list of my top 25 most memorable games/moments from the D1 era of Bison football. DISCLAIMER: I would go back longer but it's harder to find video for prior to the D1 move and I didn't follow Bison football as closely prior to the D1 move so, in an effort to not snub anything, I'm only going to go from D1 era (really 2006 and beyond).

It's not being played under ideal circumstances but who's to say that this spring season couldn't add a game or two worthy of being included in future lists like this one.
    You’re the man, awesome idea. Honestly this spring season is the most I’m excited for in a while now. I assume most aren’t saying anything cuz they don’t want to jinx it. Still can’t fully emotionally commit to it yet.