Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

September 17th, 2016: North Dakota State @ Iowa

Game highlights:

Iowa is my number 1 personally. But my memory of this game was wild.

Watched it at a buddys house who has a kegerator. I am a nervous drinker, and will drink anything that is in front of me. I knew he was refilling my drink, but I never got to the bottom of the glass so I had no idea how much I had.

Let just say that at about 4PM I laid down in his back yard and passed out. Vomited at least 10 times. when it was dark, they dragged my corpse back inside and went straight to bed.

Wife was PISSED. went to church in the morning, and I didnt make it through the first hymn and I had to leave. I went and slept in the car. we then went to the Renaissance festival that same day with some friends and I have never been so miserable in my life. So f*cking hungover.

It was all worth it. Go Bison
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

My top memories from this game:

I was in the nosebleeds at Kinnick. After we got done losing our minds, I screamed “Screw you, Jim Delaney!! Screw you!!!!”

Also, on the shuttle bus on the way back to our parking lot, overheard a Hawkeye fan say to another, “Good thing they didn’t still have Wentz. They really woulda f%$@ed us up.”

My memory from the Iowa game is I wasn't able to watch it as I as at a soccer tournament at the Pepsi Complex by the airport. I was watching soccer and listening to the game with one earbud in. When the field goal went through I saw at least a dozen guys in Bison gear like me scattered around the complex raise their arms to indicate the field goal was good!
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Brought my old man to this one. Great memories. Never forget his dumbfound happy look when that field goal went through. Bison magic is truly unbelievable sometimes.

The look of utter despair and defeat on the Iowa fans talking sh*t before the game now realizing their season was over after just one game was oh so sweet.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    My top memories from this game:

I was in the nosebleeds at Kinnick. After we got done losing our minds, I screamed “Screw you, Jim Delaney!! Screw you!!!!”

Also, on the shuttle bus on the way back to our parking lot, overheard a Hawkeye fan say to another, “Good thing they didn’t still have Wentz. They really woulda f%$@ed us up.”
    After the game brother and I went back to our hotel. Standing outside so he could smoke we were chatting with another guy who was an Iowa State fan. He kept trying to tell Iowa fans all week they were in for a good game and they kept laughing at him. He took a drag of his cigarette with a thousand yard stare in his eyes, shook his head, and said "Those fuckers had no idea."

Later on he said the night before a lot of Iowa fans were wondering what high school team was in town after seeing all the Bison flags around. He had to keep replying "That's the team you're playing you dumbass."

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unfortunately I could not watch this game live as I was underwater. Luckily we weren't dark and were able to get emails. That evening I got the game recap in my inbox and immediately jumped out of my seat yelling in celebration. I quickly read the recap and actually went to my CO's stateroom to boast about the game. He's an Ohio State alum so he got a kick out of it. Spent the next couple days overjoyed and watched it on youtube as soon as I could when we pulled back in within the next week or so. It was emotional for me, but on a delayed basis. Not quite on the level of KState because of that.

After the game, we hung around outside the Bison locker room waiting for traffic to clear out of the stadium. I asked James Fisher, the long snapper, how close that kick was. Without missing a beat he replied, "never a doubt. It easily had 5, maybe 6 inches to spare!"

This game is number 1 or 2 in my book. K-State being the other.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    After the game, we hung around outside the Bison locker room waiting for traffic to clear out of the stadium. I asked James Fisher, the long snapper, how close that kick was. Without missing a beat he replied, "never a doubt. It easily had 5, maybe 6 inches to spare!"

This game is number 1 or 2 in my book. K-State being the other.
    That kick was basically booted directly at me. I wasn't 100% sure until the refs raised their hands. BTW - I'm used to a little fade/bend in field goals. That ball never moved off its line. As it was in the air (By my calculations, it took about 18 minutes and 37 seconds from the time it left his foot until the moment it went through the uprights.), I kept waiting for it to slice a bit and the game to be lost. It never happened.

After that, my afternoon gets a little foggy. We totally lost our shit. Hawkeye fans were actually really good to us and seemed to enjoy our enthusiasm from opening kickoff until the QB draw on the winning FG drive. I have no memory of how they were doing in the moments after the game. Our group of 6 were a trainwreck for awhile.

My favorite game.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    That kick was basically booted directly at me. I wasn't 100% sure until the refs raised their hands. BTW - I'm used to a little fade/bend in field goals. That ball never moved off its line. As it was in the air (By my calculations, it took about 18 minutes and 37 seconds from the time it left his foot until the moment it went through the uprights.), I kept waiting for it to slice a bit and the game to be lost. It never happened.

After that, my afternoon gets a little foggy. We totally lost our shit. Hawkeye fans were actually really good to us and seemed to enjoy our enthusiasm from opening kickoff until the QB draw on the winning FG drive. I have no memory of how they were doing in the moments after the game. Our group of 6 were a trainwreck for awhile.

My favorite game.
    Here’s to Bison fans losing their shit publicly...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery