Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, that 2014 team was still incredibly loaded. It was the 2015 team that had to rely a lot on underclassmen again... I remember in that sweet playoff victory over Montana in 2015 every player that scored was a freshman (including the kicker) until CJ Smith's pick 6 to put the cherry on top of that beatdown.

And yeah, I know there was the infamous finger by a SHSU player (I think it was after title #1) but there probably was one from Towson as well... if I recall correctly there was a lot of "look at me!" antics from that team.
    Nothing beats the pregame antics from Jax St, which is one of the reasons it might be my favorite Natty...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Twincitybizon is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Nothing beats the pregame antics from Jax St, which is one of the reasons it might be my favorite Natty...
    Being at that game it was crazy how little they had the ball the first 20 minutes or so. I remember looking at my wife and saying they ran 8 plays or so in the first 1.5 quarters... Lol

Yeah, that's my favorite championship game because I had been wanting to see NDSU crush Jacksonville State since 1989 because of their cheap-hitting, trash-talking play in the playoff game that year.

Plus they are the only team with a winning series record against NDSU since the 1964 season.*

* They lead the series 2-1, and a series has to have more than one game to be a series.
    Last edited by tony; 02-04-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, that's my favorite.

I've wanted to see NDSU crush Jacksonville State since 1989. Plus they are the only team with a winning series record against NDSU since the 1964 season (they lead 2-1, and a series has to have more than one game to be a series.)
    They came out talking trash and before they knew it they were down 14.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, that's my favorite.

I've wanted to see NDSU crush Jacksonville State since 1989. Plus they are the only team with a winning series record against NDSU since the 1964 season (they lead 2-1, and a series has to have more than one game to be a series.)
    The most unjustified overly confident FCS championship opponent of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They came out talking trash and before they knew it they were down 14.
    Ah yes... they straggled out the locker room right before kickoff each at their own pace pretty much. At that time the locker room entrances were on the north side of the field and I believe you could see the opponent's locker room entrance from your own. If I remember correctly from the stories I've heard and read it was mainly #40 for JSU (DE Darius Jackson) who was talking shit to the Bison and to Carson Wentz standing at the head of the pack as Jackson meandered out onto the field and the NDSU team was waiting to take the field. The game was pretty much over at that point.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Ah yes... they straggled out the locker room right before kickoff each at their own pace pretty much. At that time the locker room entrances were on the north side of the field and I believe you could see the opponent's locker room entrance from your own. If I remember correctly from the stories I've heard and read it was mainly #40 for JSU (DE Darius Jackson) who was talking shit to the Bison and to Carson Wentz standing at the head of the pack as Jackson meandered out onto the field and the NDSU team was waiting to take the field. The game was pretty much over at that point.
    But, but, but Auburn!

The Towson fans were so full of the East Coast bias, every single one I saw walking into the stadium were talking about "real" football and how they were going to show this supposedly great NDSU team what it's like to play football. Blah, blah, blah.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The Towson fans were so full of the East Coast bias, every single one I saw walking into the stadium were talking about "real" football and how they were going to show this supposedly great NDSU team what it's like to play football. Blah, blah, blah.
    When we go to tx for our fishing trip there is a group from San houston who stay where we do. Needless to say
    They were shocked our northern boys could keep up with there supposed southern speed. One in the group actually played
    In the first game. He said they had never been smacked in the mouth like that. Plus we did it all game long. They didnt think we could do that all game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    When we go to tx for our fishing trip there is a group from San houston who stay where we do. Needless to say
    They were shocked our northern boys could keep up with there supposed southern speed. One in the group actually played
    In the first game. He said they had never been smacked in the mouth like that. Plus we did it all game long. They didnt think we could do that all game.
    I think this is why JMU keeps getting mentioned as a program in NDSU level. A thought process I don't agree with and actually makes me laugh but I digress. They are one of the only if not the only team that has the high end talent and can bring the intensity for 60 minutes.

EDIT: To add to that thought, the vast majority of fans do not follow football outside of their conference and have no idea that the talent their teams plays against week in and week out is so far below the top 2-3 teams in the FCS they just can't comprehend a team could be that good. Until they experience it for themselves.