Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

I believe Jacksonville state also brought their band to Frisco. Probably the reason the game ranks so high.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I believe Jacksonville state also brought their band to Frisco. Probably the reason the game ranks so high.
    And their ballerinas!

I'll never forget their band huddling in the Toyota Stadium bathrooms because they were so cold.

One thing I remember is how weird J-State's entrance onto the field appeared. After learning about what was going on underneath the stands immediately before the teams entered, it made sense. The players might have been COCKY, but I had a really good time partying the day before with some of their fans.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Started off game with no huddle running a gap power over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

January 9th, 2016: Jacksonville State vs North Dakota State (FCS Championship Game)
    I still get a little bummed thinking about that trick play they ran when Stick threw a pass to Wentz but it was poorly thrown and picked off. Would have been awesome if they pulled that off.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

In the past I've wondered how the different NDSU title teams might've fared had they played each other. I don't know if any Bison championship team beats that 2015 team the way they were playing that day. They had improved so much, particularly on the defense and on the O-line, without Carson Wentz under center. I'm honestly not sure they win the title that year if Wentz doesn't get hurt. So when he came back looking as good as ever it was an absolute buzz saw of a team.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I still get a little bummed thinking about that trick play they ran when Stick threw a pass to Wentz but it was poorly thrown and picked off. Would have been awesome if they pulled that off.
    Wentz was open so play worked just really under thrown by Stick. Place would have went bonkers if they pulled it off.

I remember it. He was open but Stick was super late getting the ball out and by that time the JSU defender had recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wentz was open so play worked just really under thrown by Stick. Place would have went bonkers if they pulled it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I remember it. He was open but Stick was super late getting the ball out and by that time the JSU defender had recovered.
    Yeah I think Wentz fell down trying to get back to it, too.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah I think Wentz fell down trying to get back to it, too.
    That was all on Easton. It was nearly impossible to catch if I remember correctly. I guess this means that I need to watch the full game again...
    Insert something clever here...