Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    And wasn't this game on like a Wednesday or Thursday night and you only could listen to on the Radio? And maybe it was a Saturday I just tailgated all day at home and I just don't recall.
    Upon google review it was a Saturday night. Ahhh, the lakes effect, just making stuff up I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Upon google review it was a Saturday night. Ahhh, the lakes effect, just making stuff up I guess.
    All the games against the MAC felt weird because of the no TV part... heck, I don't think CMU even streamed their game.

Also, man, we had a pretty good receiving crew back then: Travis White, Heckendorf, Majeski, Schultenover (who got in trouble for MySpace), and TE Wurzbacher. Jangula and Roehl out of the backfield too.

Factoid: The Ball State QB, Lynch, is now coaching at Vanderbilt along with Blazek.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    All the games against the MAC felt weird because of the no TV part... heck, I don't think CMU even streamed their game.

Also, man, we had a pretty good receiving crew back then: Travis White, Heckendorf, Majeski, Schultenover (who got in trouble for MySpace), and TE Wurzbacher. Jangula and Roehl out of the backfield too.

Factoid: The Ball State QB, Lynch, is now coaching at Vanderbilt along with Blazek.
    Schultenover hardly played with any of those guys and he was kicked off the team for weed. I wouldn’t mention him in the same breath as any of those other guys.

October 26th, 2019: North Dakota State @ South Dakota State

It was the most hyped regular season meeting in the 100+ game series between these two schools with the #1 ranked Bison facing and #3 ranked Jackrabbits in a matchup so juicy it drew a visit from ESPN's College Gameday to Brookings. The game, played in front of a record crowd at Dykhouse Stadium, ended up living up to hype. Despite SDSU being forced to play 3 different QBs in the game due to injury and ineffectiveness it was tied at 16 late in the 4th quarter when first year Bison head coach Matt Entz made the incredibly gutsy decision to go for it on 4th and short from his own 29 yard line with 2:42 to play. His gamble immediately paid off when Adam Cofield busted a 71 yard TD run for the go-ahead score and Derrek Tuszka and the Bison defense shut down the SDSU offense from there to lock up the win. The game broke Pat McAfee's heart and moved the top ranked Bison to 8-0 on the 2019 season.

Game highlights:

As a bonus here's the highly entertaining NDSU/SDSU portion from Gameday's picks segement that morning... "There's no way I'm pickin' against my family!": https://youtu.be/YLCDDYYSqto?t=248

Game box score: https://gobison.com/sports/football/.../boxscore/7881

Game recap: https://gobison.com/news/2019/10/26/...aight-win.aspx

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...T-NDSU-vs-SDSU

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7zE8dyVMBU

The full list of games with links in the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

October 26th, 2019: North Dakota State @ South Dakota State
    Man... this one’s in my top 10. Maybe top 5...

Also, I believe this Gameday was the first appearance of Pat McAfee (as guest picker, since the SoDak losers don’t have anyone famous worthy of bringing on), and he has been a Gameday staple ever since.

Also... Fuckem.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

The bunny tears were so delicious that day.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    The bunny tears were so delicious that day.
    Watched this one at Senser’s in Roseville and went to a Halloween party that night. One of the worst hangovers I’ve ever had...

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Man... this one’s in my top 10. Maybe top 5...

Also, I believe this Gameday was the first appearance of Pat McAfee (as guest picker, since the SoDak losers don’t have anyone famous worthy of bringing on), and he has been a Gameday staple ever since.

Also... Fuckem.
    Yeah, it could be up there. I knocked it down a bit because the season wasn't riding on it and, outside of the long runs by Cofield and Brooks, there wasn't a lot for memorable plays. But the sheer deliciousness of ruining the Gameday party and getting revenge for the previous trip to Brookings made it one of the most memorable regular season FCS games on my list.

That GDT is a pretty funny read too. Basically Entz, Roehl, and the rest of the coaching staff were bums that needed to be left in Brookings around the time of the Dmitri Williams HB pass debacle.... and then Entz immediately became a coaching god after his call to go for it on that 4th down.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Watched this one at Senser’s in Roseville and went to a Halloween party that night. One of the worst hangovers I’ve ever had...
    Does the older lady still being chocolates around?! She's a sweety

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Does the older lady still being chocolates around?! She's a sweety
    My memory is a little hazy outside of game play and me losing my shit in public while watching a football game on a TV... but yes, I believe I do recall being given some candy by some random old lady, now that you mention it.