Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Data entry doesn't take too long... a few minutes per game is all. It took longer to put together all the calculations that use those raw numbers to build all the stats that I show in the dashboard but I nerd out on stuff like that and I tweak it and add things as time goes on. One thing I just added recently was a year vs year comparison chart. This one compared the the 2013 vs the 2018 teams since, no offense to the 2019 team, I think they were the two best teams NDSU has put out there since this title run began:

Remember the dolts in 2018 who tried to claim NDSU didn't deserve the #1 seed and that it should be JMU? Or was that a story line in 2019, equally stupid either way.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Remember the dolts in 2018 who tried to claim NDSU didn't deserve the #1 seed and that it should be JMU?
    Do you mean 2019? In 2018 JMU was 8-3 and didn't even get seeded (their season ended with Dinucci's 5 INT game at Colgate in the 2nd round).

Do you mean 2019? In 2018 JMU was 8-3 and didn't even get seeded (their season ended with Dinucci's 5 INT game at Colgate in the 2nd round).
    Ha! Think you caught me before the edit. This long lag in seasons is screwing with my memory. Either that or it's getting harder to continually commit additional championship season to memory.

Also, must spread rep: Any opportunity to point our losing to colgate and dinucci's 5 picks must be taken advantage of. Nicely done!

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Data entry doesn't take too long... a few minutes per game is all. It took longer to put together all the calculations that use those raw numbers to build all the stats that I show in the dashboard but I nerd out on stuff like that and I tweak it and add things as time goes on. One thing I just added recently was a year vs year comparison chart. This one compared the the 2013 vs the 2018 teams since, no offense to the 2019 team, I think they were the two best teams NDSU has put out there since this title run began:

Like I said - WOW!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

August 30th, 2013: North Dakota State @ Kansas State

It was a sweltering hot day in the Little Apple when the Bison came to town for the 2013 season opener looking for their most impressive win yet over an FBS team in their relatively short time in D1. K-State was coming off of a season where they were ranked in the top 10 for much of it and played in the Cotton Bowl but they had lost a lot from that team. NDSU, on the other hand, was a senior-laden group returning almost everyone from their back-to-back FCS national championship team. The game was unique in that it was played on a Friday night and was fledgling network FS1's second college football broadcast ever (the first was the night before). The Bison scored first but K-State rattled off 21 unanswered points and NDSU found themselves down 21-7 midway through the 3rd quarter. They responded with two scoring drives to close out the 3rd and make it anyone's game going into the 4th trailing only 21-17. After K-State's first drive of the 4th quarter stalled out just outside FG range NDSU took over at their own 20 yard with 8:58 left to play and proceeded to go on an epic 18 play, 8 minute and 30 second drive that included 4 third down conversions and ended with Brock Jensen backing into the endzone from a yard out for the game winning score with just 28 seconds left. It was K-State's first loss in a home opener since Bill Snyder's first season as their head coach in 1989. At the time the win was considered by many to be the biggest in program history and pushed NDSU football even more into the national spotlight which landed them a visit later in the season from ESPN's College Gameday.

Game highlights:

Just because we all love to watch it here's the K-State Mask's "pregame inspiration" video for this game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb9MzVOmueo

Game box score: https://gobison.com/sports/football/.../boxscore/1477

Game recap: https://gobison.com/news/2013/8/31/FB_0831133237.aspx

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...t-Kansas-State

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov_nuV6ZwHY

Or if you just want to watch "the drive": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

The full list of games with links is in the first post of the thread.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 02-17-2021 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Updated the game replay link with a better version

August 30th, 2014: North Dakota State @ Kansas State
    Pretty sure it was 2013, Chaos...

It’s hard for me to pick between this one and the Iowa State game as my favorite. I watched them both from the same exact location, and if we ever play a perennial T25 P5 team again, I may have to drive down to Champlin Bdubs and pop a squat right in the middle of the bar and absolutely lose my shit in public.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Pretty sure it was 2013, Chaos...

It’s hard for me to pick between this one and the Iowa State game as my favorite. I watched them both from the same exact location, and if we ever play a perennial T25 P5 team again, I may have to drive down to Champlin Bdubs and pop a squat right in the middle of the bar and absolutely lose my shit in public.
    Holy smokes! I screwed up all sorts of stuff with this one... Dewey pointed out some other stuff that I had mixed up. The aweseomness of the game must have distracted me.

Holy smokes! I screwed up all sorts of stuff with this one... Dewey pointed out some other stuff that I had mixed up. The aweseomness of the game must have distracted me.
    That has to be it. I was getting sweaty reading it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

August 30th, 2013: North Dakota State @ Kansas State

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTd8zQe5rM

Or if you just want to watch "the drive": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

The full list of games with links is in the first post of the thread.
    Watched this game at Sensors in Eden Prairie. that place was absolutely bonkers. I was 5-7 Nordeasts in, but damn, I remember that last drive better than the birth of my children
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

A little something I noticed re-watching that amazing final drive in this game. On the 2nd play of the drive the officials gave John Crockett a very generous spot which made it a 1 yard loss when it looked like he should've been a full yard back from where they spotted it for a 2 yard loss. Why is that important? The next play was the 3rd and 11 screen play where Derrick Lang slipped through for an 11.5 yard gain. That 2nd down spot could've been the difference between that drive being one of the greatest in program history or just a forgettable 3-and-out.