Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

heffray - "Maybe not from your perspective... but considering you’re a GSU fan and we’re Bison fans and we’re telling you differently, maybe you should concede the point.
    Like, seriously, buddy... are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell a bunch of NDSU fans how they should order their important games? I have no problem with you personally, but that is the most entitled delusional shit I’ve read in a while... and considering the amount of UN_ posters here, that is saying quite a bit."

TALON - " I'm NOT VOTING" - Not at all, I just dont think the 2011 GSU team meats the standards or deserves being mentioned as a top 25 becase we were no match for you in 2011 and you proved that by the score & the beat down NDSU delivered to GSU! I'm not voting in your top 25 or top 5 so the Bison fans may choose the top teams that they belive belong in the top 25 or top 5.[/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________-

TALON - **((IMO heffray, I don't think GSU belongs in your top 5.))**

All the FCS teams NDSU beat for the FCS NCs belong way above the GSU 2012 game. You played the best that FCS had to offer in those NCs because of the FCS playoff system.

ALSO

Those FBS teams that NDSU beat have to be concidered and weighted in also!

2010 W, 6-3 at Kansas

2011 W, 37-24 at Gophers

2012 W, 22-7 at Colorado State

2013 W, 24-21 at Kansas State

2014 W, 34-14 at Iowa State

2016 W, 23-21 at No. 13 Iowa

Thats all I'll say about GSU on this thread!

TALON
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Talon, I don’t know why you providing input on this is rubbing me the wrong way, but I’m willing to just move passed this so I can try and enjoy Chaos’s top 5 with my fellow Bison faithful.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Talon, I don’t know why you providing input on this is rubbing me the wrong way, but I’m willing to just move passed this so I can try and enjoy Chaos’s top 5 with my fellow Bison faithful.
    heffray, check your PM for my answer and you can PM me your responce instead of taking more room up on this thread.

Other Bison fans may PM me also if you diagree with my openion on my post 231 which states -

__________________________________________________ ________________________

TALON - **((IMO heffray, I don't think GSU belongs in your top 5.))**

All the FCS teams NDSU beat for the FCS NCs belong way above the GSU 2012 game. You played the best that FCS had to offer in those NCs because of the FCS playoff system.

ALSO

Those FBS teams that NDSU beat have to be concidered and weighted in also!

2010 W, 6-3 at Kansas

2011 W, 37-24 at Gophers

2012 W, 22-7 at Colorado State

2013 W, 24-21 at Kansas State

2014 W, 34-14 at Iowa State

2016 W, 23-21 at No. 13 Iowa

Thats all I'll say about GSU on this thread!

TALON
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 02-15-2021 at 11:15 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Figure I’d weigh in on my top 5 before Chaos posts tomorrow...

1: 2016 Iowa
    2: 2013 K State
    3: 2011 SHSU
    4: 2012 GSU
    5: 2014 ISUr

January 7th, 2012: Sam Houston State vs North Dakota State (FCS Championship Game)

They say you're supposed to love them all equally but there's something a little more special about that first one... I think that's in reference to sports championships for the teams you follow but it might've been about something else. The Bison came into their first title game as a D1 program the underdogs to top seeded and unbeaten Sam Houston State. The crowd was truly neutral (unlike future games in Frisco) and the game was a slugfest where neither team found the endzone in the first half as the Bearkats took a 6-3 lead into the break. After what appeared to be a 3-and-out on NDSU's first possession of the 2nd half, a brilliantly timed and executed fake punt by RB turned punter Matt Voigtlander gave the Bison their biggest play of the game and immediately after that Brock Jensen hit DJ McNorton on a harmless looking middle screen that McNorton took 39 yards to the house for a 10-6 Bison lead. The final big play of the day belonged to the defense when freshman LB Travis Beck returned an interception to the SHSU 1 yard line and Jensen plunged in for a TD a play later to create the final 17-6 margin. As Scotty so eloquently put it after it ended it was "a fairytale finish to a magical season" as Bison football claimed its first national championship in 21 years and first as a D1 program.

Game highlights:

Game box score: https://gobison.com/sports/football/.../boxscore/1451

Game recap: https://gobison.com/news/2012/1/7/55136.aspx

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...mpionship-Game

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FKkmPOzjDk

The full list of games with links is in the first post of the thread.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 07-10-2022 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

January 7th, 2011: Sam Houston State vs North Dakota State
    The only championship I’ve attended in person. Definitely holds a special place for me and easily my favorite Championship of the 8 D1 titles.

I also love Championships that feature strong Defense from the Bison and I think this is the only Championship win where our opponents failed to score a touchdown. Pure domination.

September 24th, 2011: North Dakota State @ Minnesota

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...SON-vs-Gophers

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5oxn_E0cDE

The full list of games with links is in the first post of the thread.
    I was in the upperdeck corner on the M side of the field. My Dad and I were cheering during the last few minutes of the game, standing up. Some Gopher fans were sitting right behind us (maybe in theri 60s?) and they tapped me on the shoulder and told me to sit down. I responded "You're more than welcome to stand up if you cant see!"

Goph fans were atrocious that day.. scratch that- everyday
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

The only championship I’ve attended in person. Definitely holds a special place for me and easily my favorite Championship of the 8 D1 titles.

I also love Championships that feature strong Defense from the Bison and I think this is the only Championship win where our opponents failed to score a touchdown. Pure domination.
    The defense in general was simply outstanding that postseason. They allowed only 26 points in the entire playoffs (6.75 per game). It's a tight contest between the 2011 team and the 2015 team as to who had the best run of playoff defense.

Of course if you look at the lineup they had on the defensive side of the ball in 2011 it's not that surprising:

DE: Coulter Boyer
    DT: Leevon Perry
    DT: Ryan Drevlow
    DE: Cole Jirik
    OLB: Chad Willson/Carlton Littlejohn
    MLB: Grant Olson
    OLB: Travis Beck
    CB: Marcus Williams
    SS: Colten Heagle
    FS: Daniel Eaves/John Pike
    CB: Christian Dudzik

More than a just a couple future Bison HOFers in that list.

The defense in general was simply outstanding that postseason. They allowed only 26 points in the entire playoffs (6.75 per game). It's a tight contest between the 2011 team and the 2015 team as to who had the best run of playoff defense.

Of course if you look at the lineup they had on the defensive side of the ball in 2011 it's not that surprising:

DE: Coulter Boyer
    DT: Leevon Perry
    DT: Ryan Drevlow
    DE: Cole Jirik
    OLB: Chad Willson/Carlton Littlejohn
    MLB: Grant Olson
    OLB: Travis Beck
    CB: Marcus Williams
    SS: Colten Heagle
    FS: Daniel Eaves/John Pike
    CB: Christian Dudzik

More than a just a couple future Bison HOFers in that list.
    I’d be interested to see PPG allowed per regular season and playoffs during the run. I have a feeling more than just 2011 and 2015 would stack up...

I’d be interested to see PPG allowed per regular season and playoffs during the run. I have a feeling more than just 2011 and 2015 would stack up...
    Well, you're in luck because I'm a stats uber-nerd who has a Power BI dashboard for the whole thing!

Overall:

Regular Season Only:

Playoffs Only:

Pretty interesting as long as you can decipher some of my abbreviations.