Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    That said, the roughing the passer call on the final NDSU drive was also a gift.
    As was the GSU personal foul after their punt just before that last NDSU drive where AJ Van Voorhis acted like a little shove was equivalent to Brian Schaetz's King Kong Bundy impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    As was the GSU personal foul after their punt just before that last NDSU drive where AJ Van Voorhis acted like a little shove was equivalent to Brian Schaetz's King Kong Bundy impression.
    Man, what a game. Impossible to pinpoint a single most important play.... there’s literally 25 you could consider—IDEA! Let’s do a top 25 plays in this game for the Fall season, you game?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Man, what a game. Impossible to pinpoint a single most important play.... there’s literally 25 you could consider—IDEA! Let’s do a top 25 plays in this game for the Fall season, you game?
    Boy... that's a lot tougher task than just games... much easier to miss something. It would probably be better to use a ballot type system to have a few people give input and then tabulate it to form a consensus kind of like how the polls work. Wouldn't be a bad idea although I bet in the fall there will be plenty of countdowns and such going into it to get us amped up. I did this just to try to get us back into the Bison football frame of mind in a time of year when we usually aren't.

Boy... that's a lot tougher task than just games... much easier to miss something. It would probably be better to use a ballot type system to have a few people give input and then tabulate it to form a consensus kind of like how the polls work. Wouldn't be a bad idea although I bet in the fall there will be plenty of countdowns and such going into it to get us amped up. I did this just to try to get us back into the Bison football frame of mind in a time of year when we usually aren't.
    I should have added a winky face to my post because I was mostly joking but now I’m intrigued...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

How the hit by 40 on Dudzik wasn't called though is mind boggling. Clearly kneeling down while fielding the ball and 40 comes in and hits him. I wonder if the ref saw AJ fall and pulled through the flag knowing he should have thrown in 2 seconds earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    How the hit by 40 on Dudzik wasn't called though is mind boggling. Clearly kneeling down while fielding the ball and 40 comes in and hits him. I wonder if the ref saw AJ fall and pulled through the flag knowing he should have thrown in 2 seconds earlier.
    Yeah... could've been a make up call. I'm sure being right on the NDSU sideline and the crowd reaction to the Dudzik hit got the stripes a little more wary of extracurricular staff at that point. Funny thing was #97 pushed AJ a lot harder right before the push that drew the flag. You could almost see him thinking "oh s---, I just had a chance to draw an easy PF on that guy" so he decided to get back up in his grill and finish the job this time.

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

December 14th, 2012: Georgia Southern @ North Dakota State (FCS playoff semifinals)

The first Friday night semifinal of what became a yearly tradition in mid-December this is widely viewed as the best and loudest game in the history of the Fargodome. Georgia Southern returned a year after NDSU beat them handily in the 2011 semis. This time around the Eagles were ready to play (they came out of the locker room during the Bison intro video which I still think was pretty bad ass). It was an immovable object vs an unstoppable force when it came to the Bison run defense allowing only 78.5 rush yards per game vs the GSU triple option run offense averaging 409.6 rush yards per game. The Eagles had their fair share of success as QB Jerick McKninnon ran for 168 on his own and they ran for 271 as a team to keep the Bison defense on their heels leading for the majority of the game. With 5:49 to play down 20-16 Brock Jensen and the Bison offense went on a game deciding penalty aided drive that was capped by a 4th down 5 yard TD run for Jensen with 3:05 left that blew the roof off the dome. GSU mounted a last gasp drive to get in position to kick a game tying 50 yard FG but their soccer player turned kicker had his kick blocked by Carlton Littlejohn and the Bison secured their second straight trip to Frisco for the national title game with a gut wrenching 23-20 win.

Game highlights: Can't find a highlight reel anywhere but here's a condensed version of the game that has all the big plays (and then some) but is quite long.

Game box score: https://gobison.com/sports/football/.../boxscore/1466

Game recap: https://gobison.com/news/2012/12/15/18638.aspx

Bisonville GDT: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...CS-Semifinals)

Game replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yN1L80yOAE

The full list of games with links is in the first post of the thread.
    TALON - I just watched the Game highlights again. I loved the game and think it belongs in the top 2 under " FOR GSUs", Head Coach MONKEN and staff during his stay at GSU with U of Florida in their somewhere. The game was built up to what a playoff game should look like. I give no fault to the soccer kicker brought in to the game at the last few days of the game.

With all due respect Chaos, I would think you would place all the FBS NC games and the FBS games NDSU won over the 2012

I will say I think that game was the most exciting FCS game I watched under Monken. Both teams gave all they had and you played against a great FLEX TRIPLE OPTIOM & the best GSU had under Monken.

NDSU DESERVED THAT WIN!

Stats for the NDSU vs GSU's 2012 Playoff game -

https://stats.gobison.com/custompage...4.htm#GAME.TEM
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 02-19-2021 at 10:26 PM.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    GSU #2 was definitely a great game and they were an excellent opponent. However, I've always felt they might not have been as successful running the ball if we hadn't had to stop the very physical Wofford attack the week before. Our defense was a bit beat up for this game. McKinnon was amazing though and scared me every time he touched the ball.
    THe difference was the GSU QB McKinnon
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

And Drew Ruggles will be immortalized forever thanks to ESPN. That shark comment has always been one of my favorites. I wonder if he ever got to swim with the sharks again after that day at the dome?

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    And Drew Ruggles will be immortalized forever thanks to ESPN. That shark comment has always been one of my favorites. I wonder if he ever got to swim with the sharks again after that day at the dome?
    Drew Ruggles is the perfect sports name for a player in that situation.