Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

October 29th, 2011: Northern Iowa @ North Dakota State

Game replay: Cant find anything... it sure would be a fun game to re-watch sometime though.

The hype for this game was so insane. I was driving back to school at the time (not NDSU, haha), and was feverishly rifling through AM stations trying to catch a feed of the game. spent three hours in the car listening to mostly static, full blast, in my car. I remember the strip sack TD and going absolutely nuts in my car. Damn... I am unsure if I have felt that hyped for an FCS matchup since then. Even the JMU title games were close, but at the time, nothing in the world felt bigger than this game for 19yr old me
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The hype for this game was so insane. I was driving back to school at the time (not NDSU, haha), and was feverishly rifling through AM stations trying to catch a feed of the game. spent three hours in the car listening to mostly static, full blast, in my car. I remember the strip sack TD and going absolutely nuts in my car. Damn... I am unsure if I have felt that hyped for an FCS matchup since then. Even the JMU title games were close, but at the time, nothing in the world felt bigger than this game for 19yr old me
    I got a friend a ticket for that game. He was in the front row somehow and I was about 15 rows up. He got cited for a minor so I filled his seat at halftime. Shocked that wasn't a more common occurrence

Very fun game to be at.
    College of Business Alumnus

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, you're in luck because I'm a stats uber-nerd who has a Power BI dashboard for the whole thing!

Overall:

Regular Season Only:

Playoffs Only:

Pretty interesting as long as you can decipher some of my abbreviations.

TALON - Nice Work!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Well, you're in luck because I'm a stats uber-nerd who has a Power BI dashboard for the whole thing!

Overall:

Regular Season Only:

Playoffs Only:

Pretty interesting as long as you can decipher some of my abbreviations.
    Can you point out where the points allowed column is? Sorry...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Can you point out where the points allowed column is? Sorry...
    PAPG column in the top table (primary season averages table) and the "Opp Pnts" column in the bottom table (season totals table) for each image.

PAPG column in the top table (primary season averages table) and the "Opp Pnts" column in the bottom table (season totals table) for each image.
    Thanks, Chaos.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Can you tell me which site you went to to get your states or is it a Bison stat site only?

THOSE STATS ARE OUTRAGIOUS!!!!!!!!!

I would like to look up some old GSC/ GSU stats!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Can you tell me which site you went to to get your states or is it a Bison stat site only?

I would like to look up some old GSU stats!
    Bison stats only... I tried to hook up Power BI Desektop straight to GoBison.com's stats page and scrub data directly from there but it was too big of a pain in the ass with how spread out all the numbers were on each season's respective page so I just keyed in the raw numbers for each game from there into a spreadsheet that's easy to hook up and then I use Power BI to aggregate it all and for slicing and dicing by regular season/playoffs, FCS/FBS, Home/Away/Neutral, etc.

Bison stats only... I tried to hook up Power BI Desektop straight to GoBison.com's stats page and scrub data directly from there but it was too big of a pain in the ass with how spread out all the numbers were on each season's respective page so I just keyed in the raw numbers for each game from there into a spreadsheet that's easy to hook up and then I use Power BI to aggregate it all and for slicing and dicing by regular season/playoffs, FCS/FBS, Home/Away/Neutral, etc.
    You actually keyed in all those stats on your own spread sheet and posted it.

That took some time and work!

The owner of the board should have a special link on the football forum the Bison fans could go to and refresh their memory. That way at the end of the year you could just add to the stats!

They should call it Chaos yearly football stat sheet or "CYFSS"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    You actually keyed in all those stats on your own spread sheet and posted it.

That took some time and work!

The owner of the board should have a special link on the football forum the Bison fans could go to and refresh their memory. That way at the end of the year you could just add to the stats!

They should call it Chaos yearly football stat sheet or "CYFSS"
    Data entry doesn't take too long... a few minutes per game is all. It took longer to put together all the calculations that use those raw numbers to build all the stats that I show in the dashboard but I nerd out on stuff like that and I tweak it and add things as time goes on. One thing I just added recently was a year vs year comparison chart. This one compared the the 2013 vs the 2018 teams since, no offense to the 2019 team, I think they were the two best teams NDSU has put out there since this title run began: