Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Default Re: Top 25 countdown (games in the D1 era)

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    2012 Youngstown State (Regular season) ass whopping.
    Yeah wasn’t this like a 1-4 matchup or something? I was so hyped for this game and it was just pure domination. Ruined YSU’s season, too, if I recall.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I would personally rank them this way.

#1 2014 title game vs ISUr.
    #2 2011 title game vs SHSU
    #3 2012 semifinal vs Georgia Southern
    #4 2016 Iowa
    #5 2013 Kansas State

This is like ranking your kids that you love the most.

The 2018 semifinal game vs SDSU was a lot of fun.

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Alright, let’s take a quick breath before Chaos reveals his top 5 and look at what we have left...

By my count, the following games are potential candidates for the top 5 spots, in chronological order:

2011 SHSU (1st D1 National Championship)
    2012 GSU (Semi finals)
    2013 Kansas St (FBS Regular season)
    2014 ISU Red (4th D1 National Championship)
    2016 Iowa (FBS Regular season)

Bison fans (not GSU fans) - how do you sort the top 5?

I also thought of a few other games that didn’t make this list that I would add to the Honorable Mention list:
    2010 Kansas (FBS Regular season) - game sucked, but it still an FBS win
    2012 Colorado St (FBS Regular season) - after a weird blown coverage on CSU’s first possession, the Bison dominated and closed the game with 22 unanswered points
    2015 Montana (Playoffs) - after losing the season opener to the Griz, vengeance was ours in what is commonly referred to as the loudest decibels ever registered at the Fargodome.
    2018 SDSU (Playoffs) - a personal favorite of mine, Bison dominated SDSU in all phases in a semifinal 2-3 matchup.
    [QUOTE=heffray;1476304]Maybe not from your perspective... but considering you’re a GSU fan and we’re Bison fans and we’re telling you differently, maybe you should concede the point.
    Like, seriously, buddy... are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell a bunch of NDSU fans how they should order their important games? I have no problem with you personally, but that is the most entitled delusional shit I’ve read in a while... and considering the amount of UN_ posters here, that is saying quite a bit. STFU about it already, Jeeziz.

heffray- " Bison fans (not GSU fans) - how do you sort the top 5?"

TALON to heffray - I'm not voting.
    The only reason I brought up the 2012 playoff game is because NDSU was far superrior than GSU in 2011 & beat us badly! You have beaten a lot of FCS teams badly that arnt worth of menting either, but I didn't think you would like the 2011 GSU team in your top 25.

heffray - "Maybe not from your perspective... but considering you’re a GSU fan and we’re Bison fans and we’re telling you differently, maybe you should concede the point.
    Like, seriously, buddy... are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell a bunch of NDSU fans how they should order their important games? I have no problem with you personally, but that is the most entitled delusional shit I’ve read in a while... and considering the amount of UN_ posters here, that is saying quite a bit."

TALON - " I'm NOT VOTING" - Not at all, I just dont think the 2011 GSU team meats the standards or deserves being mentioned as a top 25 becase we were no match for you in 2011 and you proved that by the score & the beat down NDSU delivered to GSU! I'm not voting in your top 25 or top 5 so the Bison fans may choose the top teams that they belive belong in the top 25 or top 5.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    GSU cancelled the return trip to Fargo to play Presbyterian for Christ’s sake!!! 10/20/2011. It was Monken’s second season.
    Then if thats the case it was that Monken looked at the NDSU game as a loss for GSU that he could not suffer that year! So we now know the answer. GSU was not up to playing NDSU that year!!!!!!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

[QUOTE=GSUsTALON;1476325]
    Maybe not from your perspective... but considering you’re a GSU fan and we’re Bison fans and we’re telling you differently, maybe you should concede the point.
    Like, seriously, buddy... are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell a bunch of NDSU fans how they should order their important games? I have no problem with you personally, but that is the most entitled delusional shit I’ve read in a while... and considering the amount of UN_ posters here, that is saying quite a bit. STFU about it already, Jeeziz.

heffray- " Bison fans (not GSU fans) - how do you sort the top 5?"

TALON to heffray - I'm not voting.
    The only reason I brought up the 2012 playoff game is because NDSU was far superrior than GSU in 2011 & beat us badly! You have beaten a lot of FCS teams badly that arnt worth of menting either, but I didn't think you would like the 2011 GSU team in your top 25.

heffray - "Maybe not from your perspective... but considering you’re a GSU fan and we’re Bison fans and we’re telling you differently, maybe you should concede the point.
    Like, seriously, buddy... are you SERIOUSLY trying to tell a bunch of NDSU fans how they should order their important games? I have no problem with you personally, but that is the most entitled delusional shit I’ve read in a while... and considering the amount of UN_ posters here, that is saying quite a bit."

TALON - " I'm NOT VOTING" - Not at all, I just dont think the 2011 GSU team meats the standards or deserves being mentioned as a top 25 becase we were no match for you in 2011 and you proved that by the score & the beat down NDSU delivered to GSU! I'm not voting in your top 25 or top 5 so the Bison fans may choose the top teams that they belive belong in the top 25 or top 5.
    But Bama? Member? Jaybo was going pro before he ran into da bizon. Not so much after. You would have been talking smack pregame.

Lardsin must go!

Talon, I suggest you stop polluting this thread with your input... maybe start your own thread about how the 2011 GSU win doesn’t deserve to be in our top 25 and see what kind of response you get.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Talon, I suggest you stop polluting this thread with your input... maybe start your own thread about how the 2011 GSU win doesn’t deserve to be in our top 25 and see what kind of response you get.
    I've already gave a valid reason on this thread. I do not need to start another thread to repeat myself

[QUOTE=scottietohottie;1476329

Scottie - "But Bama? Member? Jaybo was going pro before he ran into da bizon. Not so much after. You would have been talking smack pregame.[/QUOTE]

TALONJaybo was never going pro no matter what GSU fans you talked to. He wasnt the greatist of passers, he was not quick or fast enough to go pro. I was NOT one of the GSU fans that stated that Jaybo had a shot at the Pros even after the Bama game. He was the best that GSU had at the time, made the right option reads & did a good job for us. You should be able to tell the difference between Jaybo in the 2011 game and McKinnon in the 2012 game!

[QUOTE=GSUsTALON;1476337]
    Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post

Jaybo was never going pro no matter what GSU fans you talked to. He wasnt the greatist of passers, he was not quick or fast enough to go pro. I was NOT one of the GSU fans that stated that Jaybo had a shot at the Pros even after the Bama game. He was the best that GSU had at the time, made the right option reads & did a good job for us. You should be able to tell the difference between Jaybo in the 2011 game and McKinnon in the 2012 game!
    McKinnon was a beast. Seemed like the second he touched the ball he had three yards already.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    - McKinnon was a beast. Seemed like the second he touched the ball he had three yards already.
    TALON -Jaybo could barly make the LOS durring the 2011NDSU game. The NDSU man that covered Jaybo was all over him like white on rice on every play! I'm not putting Jaybo down, but McKinnon was the better option QB.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

No doubt. McKinnon is a nfl player. Team beats one NFL guy. You just needed one NFL player and a kicker and you would have been fine.

Lardsin must go!