Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moonshot? Please spare me the Hyperbole

Default Re: Moonshot? Please spare me the Hyperbole

The NCAA had, at one time, prohibited schools from moving up as independents...has that changed?

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    The NCAA had, at one time, prohibited schools from moving up as independents...has that changed?
    must have- liberty started as independent from the beginning I believe
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    literally not true at all but ok
    Yeah, we could go G5 with an FCS budget if we want to half-ass it like UND did with their move to D2, but I don't think that's a good plan.

Heck, when NDSU went to FCS we already had a budget that was above the FCS average, but NDSU put together a plan to get to the top quickly.

So, yeah, don't need a $45 million budget like Colorado State, but thinking we can go with a budget less than Colorado State's and have more success than them is wishful thinking... NDSU wasn't just magically better - there was a foundation in place.

must have- liberty started as independent from the beginning I believe
    Looks like the rule is still in place, but Liberty got a waiver from it....

Is there anyone besides me who would like to see Gene and Joe in charge again?

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, we could go G5 with an FCS budget if we want to half-ass it like UND did with their move to D2, but I don't think that's a good plan.

Heck, when NDSU went to FCS we already had a budget that was above the FCS average, but NDSU put together a plan to get to the top quickly.

So, yeah, don't need a $45 million budget like Colorado State, but thinking we can go with a budget less than Colorado State's and have more success than them is wishful thinking... NDSU wasn't just magically better - there was a foundation in place.
    the context provided is correct- we should strive to have a very healthy budget. But you sound like snopes now, lol
    Claim: "you must have a budget of 26$ million per year to fund football in the FBS"
    Rating: Mostly true
    Reason: even though you absolutely do not need a 26$Million football budget in any way (the average in the MWC is 14M$) 26M would be neat, sooo.... mostly true
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

the context provided is correct- we should strive to have a very healthy budget. But you sound like snopes now, lol
    Claim: "you must have a budget of 26$ million per year to fund football in the FBS"
    Rating: Mostly true
    Reason: even though you absolutely do not need a 26$Million football budget in any way (the average in the MWC is 14M$) 26M would be neat, sooo.... mostly true
    All I'm saying is that there is a direct correlation between budgets and long-term success. If you are happy being a mediocre program in the FBS, then a mediocre budget is just fine. But I also think that you'd want to to really raise the basketball budget as well.

NDSU waited a looong time to go DI - it was a no-brainer because the football team was like a Corvette relegated to a 150hp max racing circuit, the market was getting crowded and the brand diminished by NAIA schools in the area moving up, and we got access to the Big Dance. We're not going to get nearly as much bang for the buck with a G5 move, in my opinion, but if the MWC comes knocking, yeah, I'd certainly be open - but we better have a plan to get the budget up.

Technically still there but doesn't have much ground to stand on, Liberty broke that door down.

Looks like the rule is still in place, but Liberty got a waiver from it....
    But it's been rumored that Liberty threatened to use the religious discrimination argument against the NCAA. I don't think that angle works for us.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

The WAC..... Should they move to Pioneer after and then the MWC will invite NDSU. Moving to the WAC to prove you could go FBS is now in the lead for the dumbest idea on this board

And the NCAA would deny NDSU waiver request to move to independent FBS before NDSU could even submit a waiver.