Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 FCS Realignment

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 FCS Realignment

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Could be an MVFC/Summit League school on the move next: https://twitter.com/MattBrownEP/stat...65819995566083
    Long term it makes perfect sense for them. It also helps solidify the Summit as well geographically. Let's be honest WIU will be much more competitive in the OVC. Personally, I'm hoping that Air Force comes on board when their football makes the jump to the AAC.

Any NSIC school could step in and do what WIU does for both the MVFC and Summit. Not even sure why the OVC would want them, they are better than Chicago State but that is about it.

Belmont and Murray State have to be getting desperate to leave.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Do these new startup FCS conferences get football autobids? If so that is BS. Two more at-large spots taken away from more deserving MVFC schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    Do these new startup FCS conferences get football autobids? If so that is BS. Two more at-large spots taken away from more deserving MVFC schools.
    They were talking about this in the most recent Hero Sports podcast... they have to have a minimum number of teams in their conference to qualify for an autobid, or have a conference partnership with another conference or something... as you can tell, I’m somewhat of an expert...

...I think that is what the WAC is dealing with right now, not enough teams to be eligible for autobid...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

The limit is 6 teams or more for an NCAA autobid. The WAC has 7 teams but only 5 count towards that limit since Tarleton St and Dixie St don't count yet since they're transitioning from D2. The chatter on AGS from some fans from teams who recently joined the WAC seems to indicate that they'll get an NCAA waiver for an autobid since Tarleton and Dixie are technically considered D1 "counters" for scheduling purposes.

I wonder which conferences will suffer most from losing at large bids. Will the CAA, MVFC and Big Fluffy take the hit or will others become one bid leagues??

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I wonder which conferences will suffer most from losing at large bids. Will the CAA, MVFC and Big Fluffy take the hit or will others become one bid leagues??

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I think it'll have a bigger impact on the Southland, OVC, and Big South who lost some quality programs. Those conferences won't have the clout anymore to send more than 2 teams to the playoffs and probably just their autobid most years. I think the MVFC, Big Sky, and CAA are minimally impacted by comparison.

The other benefit is with these 6-7-8 team conferences there's going to more OOC FCS games to help for comparison when it comes to playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think it'll have a bigger impact on the Southland, OVC, and Big South who lost some quality programs. Those conferences won't have the clout anymore to send more than 2 teams to the playoffs and probably just their autobid most years. I think the MVFC, Big Sky, and CAA are minimally impacted by comparison.

The other benefit is with these 6-7-8 team conferences there's going to more OOC FCS games to help for comparison when it comes to playoff time.
    Nice!!!
    And most need $$ in addition to games, right?
    Might help NDSU in scheduling home games.
    Especially guarantee games. Choices choices

The FCS playoffs were beyond bloated to begin with, not like any deserving teams will be left out. Seems like this will hit the SLC the hardest, the conference has been gutted. I guess ORU getting out was the canery in the coal mine, poorly planned expansion destroyed that league.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The FCS playoffs were beyond bloated to begin with, not like any deserving teams will be left out. Seems like this will hit the SLC the hardest, the conference has been gutted. I guess ORU getting out was the canery in the coal mine, poorly planned expansion destroyed that league.
    This is an accurate statement.