Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A look back at the 2016 recruiting class and how it fared (so far!)

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A look back at the 2016 recruiting class and how it fared (so far!)

Plenty of times to be annoyed with chappy for legitimate reasons, seems like he's kinda right here and making a legit point. Lotta misses in that class

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    At the start of every season I take a look back at how our graduating class has performed and thought this 2016 class was very interesting. They still have, hopefully, the spring season to boost their resumes but in general it looks to have been a tough recruiting class compared to the others we've seen and are still watching.

Other than gifting us with a great OL Rams class, which is critical, this class really struggled. Here are the 5 substantial contributors
    • Dillon Radunz
    • Jabril Cox
    • Adam Cofield
    • Cordell Volson
    • Karson Schoenning* (big impact but short contribution timeline)

Two NFL draft picks in one class ain't bad! Are both those guys expected to be drafted in the first 3 rounds? Also, this is a pretty cool idea for an annual post.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Two NFL draft picks in one class ain't bad! Are both those guys expected to be drafted in the first 3 rounds? Also, this is a pretty cool idea for an annual post.
    yea Rixen have you done this b4 ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Here's the 2016 class: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...uiting-Summary

Trevor Heit was a walk-on that year too... very good punter returner.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yea Rixen have you done this b4 ?
    I've done a couple similar posts in the past. Some on my assessment of incoming recruits and some similar to this thread.

I watch the HUDL, and whatever else, film might be readily available once they sign their LOI and give my amateur take on expectations for the players.

Hall of Fame
    All-Conference
    Starter
    Depth

I also record their incoming Ht and Wt and jot a couple film notes on them. If anyone ever has interest in how I rated a certain player or class just let me know. I will try to make it an annual thing where I post the incoming and outgoing report cards if people are interested. No editing afterwards as that would take the fun out of projecting them and seeing how wrong I can be!
    Rixen

I've done a couple similar posts in the past. Some on my assessment of incoming recruits and some similar to this thread.

I watch the HUDL, and whatever else, film might be readily available once they sign their LOI and give my amateur take on expectations for the players.

Hall of Fame
    All-Conference
    Starter
    Depth

I also record their incoming Ht and Wt and jot a couple film notes on them. If anyone ever has interest in how I rated a certain player or class just let me know. I will try to make it an annual thing where I post the incoming and outgoing report cards if people are interested. No editing afterwards as that would take the fun out of projecting them and seeing how wrong I can be!
    Awesome idea, that’d be fun to read.

Yea NO Doubt that would be awesome. stay in touch
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hall of Fame
    All-Conference
    Starter
    Depth

So what was your initial assessment of the 16 class?
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    So what was your initial assessment of the 16 class?
    Sorry for the delay, everyone. Had a hectic work week last week. I will work on posting the initial grades of the outgoing 2016 class soon.
    Rixen

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

weren't there only like 10 scholarships in 2016?
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.