Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020-2021 Indoor Season

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020-2021 Indoor Season

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Indoor Championships are complete on the men's side.

NDSU scored 15 team points and finished 12th.

2nd consecutive NCAA Indoor Championship meet that NDSU was only small school in the top 20.

USD placed 2 guys in the pole vault. Their 9 team points was good for a tie for 22nd.
    Our indoor program is impressive and I wish there was a way that it could get more pub. Quick question for IZZY though, do the tier one programs have a 200m and 300m indoor track facilities? Most programs only have one or the other correct? The 300m track is mostly to prep for spring season?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Our indoor program is impressive and I wish there was a way that it could get more pub. Quick question for IZZY though, do the tier one programs have a 200m and 300m indoor track facilities? Most programs only have one or the other correct? The 300m track is mostly to prep for spring season?
    I'm going to stick my nose in even though I don't really know what I'm talking about. I've always gotten the impression that most of the decision between 200m and 300m comes down to football/soccer and money. If a school doesn't have football/soccer or is wealthy enough to invest in a dedicated indoor track facility, they lean towards 200m. But if a school needs an indoor practice facility for football or soccer and only has the money for a single facility, they lean 300m because you can fit a decent sized practice surface in the middle. But I'm basing my impressions on a fairly limited sample size, so take it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    200 meter 60 degree banked tracks are the gold standard for indoor college track. The NCAA indoor championships use this configuration. I don't know how many schools use the 300 meter. I wish that the new indoor track at NDSU was banked.