Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the NFL

Default NDSU to the NFL

Why not, all the FBS wannabee's keep bringing up the FBS for growth reasons. Lets just jump straight to the NFL. Just think of it, new retractable roof stadium, massive TV money. We would hold bragging rights over the Gophers. Why not, we already have 1st round QB's. Lets just make the move. We call Roger tomorrow at the front office and tell him we want in, I am sure they would welcome us with open arms, except for maybe the Vikings, they don't want us to show them up.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to the NFL

We're not quite there yet. All we need is 4 corporate sponsors, one for each corner of the stadium, and we'll be ready to make the jump.

See this ( )? World's smallest violin.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Why not, all the FBS wannabee's keep bringing up the FBS for growth reasons. Lets just jump straight to the NFL. Just think of it, new retractable roof stadium, massive TV money. We would hold bragging rights over the Gophers. Why not, we already have 1st round QB's. Lets just make the move. We call Roger tomorrow at the front office and tell him we want in, I am sure they would welcome us with open arms, except for maybe the Vikings, they don't want us to show them up.
    This is, unironically, what Brian Maclaughlin thinks about JMU. His honest to God actual opinion about the quality of the JMU football program
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Seriously? If Bisonville had real moderators they would delete this thread immediately.
    What a stupid way to make your point.

If we got a NFL team then Minnesota would want one!

As an alternative option, since we "play for championships" and are apparently not bored/embarrassed for beating up on clearly undermanned opposition perhaps we should compete at the High School level and never lose again?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    As an alternative option, since we "play for championships" and are apparently not bored/embarrassed for beating up on clearly undermanned opposition perhaps we should compete at the High School level and never lose again?
    Feels like we are kind of doing that now!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

This thread was started not to give an impression that I am against a move to the FBS. I would embrace it if we did as I am sure the people in charge would think things through. My concern is proven by what happened to Coastal Carolina this year, they went undefeated (regular season), and at best were offered a low middle of the pack bowl game. It took Boise State 3-4 years of going 50-2 (or something like that) to gain even just a little recognition, and then they fell off the map pretty much. I have no interest in watching NDSU go Mountain West or some other similar division only to get invited to the Tampex Tampon bowl where we would need to pull a few strings........................................... ....just to get invited to that in a game against Liberty or App St for $350,000.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

This thread was started not to give an impression that I am against a move to the FBS. I would embrace it if we did as I am sure the people in charge would think things through. My concern is proven by what happened to Coastal Carolina this year, they went undefeated (regular season), and at best were offered a low middle of the pack bowl game. It took Boise State 3-4 years of going 50-2 (or something like that) to gain even just a little recognition, and then they fell off the map pretty much. I have no interest in watching NDSU go Mountain West or some other similar division only to get invited to the Tampex Tampon bowl where we would need to pull a few strings........................................... ....just to get invited to that in a game against Liberty or App St for $350,000.
    So you want to jump to FBS and get a New Years bowl game invite right away? Not realistic, programs have to prove themselves. There will be struggles along the way just like our 2008-9 years in FCS but the rewards would be worth it if you can get to dominating the MWC like we are FCS right now. The opportunities would open up eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day.